May 31, 2013
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
BH Quick Draw II,
Garrett AT Pro,
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The house next to my honey hole house is in foreclosure so I took advantage and did a quick once over today and found some nice stuff. 1 Indian head cent(1896), 5 wheaties, a silver religious charm/necklace thing, a bullet, costume jewlery with fake diamonds, a plastic red gem, $2.76 in clad, a cool bottle that came out of one of the holes, a spigot wrench and a spoke wheel for what must have been a toy wheel to something. Not sure why but very little silver from these two houses... all I pulled from both houses is a merc dime, a rosie and the religious charm thing. With all of the old coins I pulled out of here I was hoping for some more old barber dimes and quarters. Oh well can't have everything. :tongue3:

IMG_20130710_212326_727.jpg

IMG_20130710_212334_713.jpg

Anybody a bottle expert? On the bottom it says 18097 and under that it says 29 8W-2. I know some people collect these... the only reason I'll keep it is for my treasure chest display.

IMG_20130710_212404_544.jpg

IMG_20130710_212415_659.jpg

Upvote 1

jewelerguy

Gold Member
Jun 28, 2011
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the bottle looks like ones I remember in my mom's cabinet for vanilla or lemon extract

g-olden years

Silver Member
Nov 10, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
The bottle also reminds me of vanilla extract bottles. Religious pendant is lovely, but my fave is the miniature wheel with spokes! :icon_thumright: Andi

OP
OP
S

Sledgod2

May 31, 2013
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
BH Quick Draw II,
Garrett AT Pro,
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I pulled the miniature wheel out there was a large iron signal a bit deeper but I didn't really have time to dig it. I wonder if it was what the wheel was attached to at one point. also dug up pieces of a toy gun that came apart when I pulled them out. Too bad because it would have been a nice add to the toy guns I have found

surf

Silver Member
Jan 10, 2013
Detector(s) used
seeing eye shovel
Primary Interest:
Other
Anybody a bottle expert? On the bottom it says 18097 and under that it says 29 8W-2. I know some people collect these... the only reason I'll keep it is for my treasure chest display.

Hello Sled,

Sorry, the random numbers mean nothing to me. Perhaps a photo of the base of the bottle would help. It appears to be a 1940ish extract or household bottle. no collector interest from the bottle guys, I'm afraid...

image006.jpg

OP
OP
S

Sledgod2

May 31, 2013
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
BH Quick Draw II,
Garrett AT Pro,
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Surf! I didn't really think it would be worth anything just curious. I want to make a display for the man cave someday with a lot of my finds throughout the years so I will keep it for that.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread