Youve got to be kidding . . . .

B

Big Diggin

You've got to be kidding . . . .

Now I know it's getting close to Valentines Day. I was out in my yard for about 30 minutes this morning. Still not finding anything but old tools (shovel head, Axe head, tractor plowing blades, etc.). Still searching for that old coin, lost jewelry, Civil War relic, etc. But still no luck.

Got a strong Quarter hit on my Ace 250. No matter which way I swung the coil it would register a Quarter. I just knew I had finally found a coin.

Dug down 7-8" and found this old piece of rusted metal that someone had formed into a heart.

Oh well, thanks to the encouragement of everyone here at TN, I'll continue searching.

I'll try posting pics.

Thanks for looking & Happy Huntin'

Big Diggin

Upvote 0
OP
OP
B

Big Diggin

Re: You've got to be kidding . . . .

Pic . . .

Attachments

• heart 2.jpg
    heart 2.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 812
  • heart 1.jpg
    heart 1.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 805

romeo-1

Gold Member
Jul 29, 2005
Romeotopia
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Keep swinging...there's got to be a coin in the mix somewhere!

DANGLANGLEY

Silver Member
Oct 3, 2006
Wartburg, Tennessee, U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Yeah, there's got to be some goodies there. Don't give up on the goodies.

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana

Nice heart shaped valentine!

Hey, that other metal thing in the picture... I've dug tons of those! Some say Coke... or Pepsi... your find is in uncrushed and remarkable condition! :D :D :D

And I agree with the others, keep diggin... it's out there!

Moonshadow

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2004
Aiken, SC
Detector(s) used
Ace 250

I think the heart is a very cool find! It's very unusual and fun to have found it close to Valentine's Day.

Don't get discouraged buddy.....you've got to get all the "junk" out first....then the treasures will flow. Good luck.

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Wow, you really do have a BIG heart. ;D
-MM-

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks

I love the Heart stuff...To think that someone was so in love that they took the time to make that...perfect!

txkickergirl

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2007
George West, TX
Detector(s) used
SOV, EXCAL, CZ20, & more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

awwww your all heart!

TRUST ME... the coins will come. I have the Ace250 and I have found mostly coins, nothing old yet ;D but I haven't really been able to get out anywhere good to hunt.

I took off my wedding ring and put it on the ground thinking it would read as a pull tab...it didn't it reads as a nickel, so when I get a chance I am going to take a few rings and see what they register as. (Maybe I need to take my ring to the jewelers to make sure hubby didn't stiff me)

GOOD LUCK

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Nice find. Seeing the Ginger ale can reminds me of when I was almost kicked off a greyhound bus for drinking Vernors Ginger Ale. The bus driver thought it was beer. This was back in the fifties.

TheSleeper

Nov 25, 2006
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE/Excal
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I agree with gypsy, what story that heart could tell if it could.

DiggerBug

Oct 28, 2006
Bama
Detector(s) used
White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Neat find! Your sweetheart buried that heart just for you to find for Valentines.

OP
OP
B

Big Diggin

Thanks to all for your nice replies.

shootist

Aug 5, 2006
The hills of central Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Explorer 2

Well you obviously have probably the most important part of finding good stuff and that is a lot of heart. You really need to practice up before you dive into a heavy trash area. Start trying to determine the size of the target with your detector. Work your way around the target and try and visulaize the target by using the depth reading in conjunction with the size of the area that is setting the detector off. Picture your coil with a funnel on the bottom of it,where your coil shapes the top of the funnel. The funnel is as tall as your coil is wide,and the bottom of it is about the size of a quarter. If your coil is 8 inches wide then your detector is seeing an area the size of a quarter at 8 inches. If your detector is showing something at 6 inches that is setting the detector off in an area the size of a platter its probably not a good target,HH...Shoot

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread