Ford Token 30th Anniversary, Princess Pat Makeup, Silver / Fire Opal MORE..

mariposagold

Bronze Member
May 1, 2012
Mariposa, California. USA
Detector(s) used
MXT Pro, Classic SL, Bullseye II Probe, Garrett Groundhog.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What an interesting week. My vacant lot hunts produced some first for me. My favorite is this 30th Anniversary FORD Token. Hunt buddy Rob (aka Root Killer Rob ) found one of these recently as well.

FORD_OBV.JPG FORD_REV.JPG

This circa 1925 Princess Pat makeup container certainly helps date the house that once sat here, though many of the houses in this neighborhood are 191?. The house across the street is 1890's. I read a summary of the Princess Pat company. It's an interesting Immigrant success story. :hello2:

Princess_Pat.JPG Princess_Pat_Sample.jpg

Also found in the same lot was this belt buckle of some sort. No brand or markings. It's accompanied by another early container for which (damn it) I can't remember which lot it was found. :BangHead:

CONT_BUCKLE.JPG

Last but not least, by any stretch of the Imagination. This item was found while on a brief hunt at the local school.

This Silver (unmarked but obviously .925) Pendant with a beautiful "Fire Opal". It's no surprise that my wife took possession of it immediately. It usually takes Gold to excite her. I just love finding stuff that the wife likes. Happy Wife, Happy Hunt Time.:laughing7:

Fire_Opal.JPG

Last edited:
Upvote 3

andre1002

Jan 11, 2013
Merced, CA
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Lone Star/Whites MXT/Minelab e-trac/Garrett PP/sunray X-1 inline probe.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice finds MPG! I do believe your FORD token to be in much better shape than mine was. Did you do the EVOO cleaning?

OP
OP
M

mariposagold

Bronze Member
May 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds MPG! I do believe your FORD token to be in much better shape than mine was. Did you do the EVOO cleaning?

Rob, seriously, you think I would clean this token just to get maximum thrill from posting the picture on Tnet? Well, yeah, I clean the heck out of it. Since it's neither exceptional valuable or rare, and I have no intent on selling it. Cleaning is merely and exercise in vanity. I'm not going to display this token illegible and dirty. This is why it's my favorite of the week and my best token to date.

Anyway, I'm glad we both got one.

Last edited:

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That opal pendant is gorgeous ! , have you been able to determine whether or not the stone is genuine ?

OP
OP
M

mariposagold

Bronze Member
May 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
outstanding.gif
Love the Ford token mariposagold. If ya ever clean it up - please repost it.

Oh, it's clean up a bit. Shouda seen it when I dug it. I couldn't even read it at all. I'll finish the cleanup and re-post it right here for you to see. Give me a day or two.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread