Been Awhile Since Ive Posted, Cool Tokens, Killer Bottles!

curbdiggercarl57

Silver Member
Nov 19, 2007
Largo, Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle, DFX, Shadow X-2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Been Awhile Since I've Posted, Cool Tokens, Killer Bottles! Update!

Between work, sleep and procrastinating, it's been awhile since I've been able to post more than the occasional comment.
Plus a drought of digging anything too worthy to post here. Finally able to submit something.
The coins and tokens are from four different hunts.
The photo that has the Hartford Tires watch fob in the top left corner next to the W.R. Thompson token was a two site, one day hunt.
The next photo of the 1876 Seated Quarter with the Electric Buffet and the Branowetz Bros token were found two days apart, at the same site.
The shot with the large Schuttler Wagon token, two Seated Dimes, 1883 Indian includes my oldest token, a 1833 Hard Times, and was dug at an early railroad site.

The two bottles shown are nice, very nice.

They are a result of a two month streak of digging only common, found by everyone bottles, while at the same time watching my digging buddies repeatedly unearth glorious examples of rare, hard to find items.

The first is a beautiful "Indian Wigwam Remedies Compound", Denver Colo.
It is the smaller of the two amber varieties, and quite scarce.
It is also one of the best condition bottles I've ever pulled from the earth. No chips, dings, or staining. It looks like it had never been in the ground.

The other bottle is an amber "F. M. Streamer, Druggist, Boulder Colo" Citrate of Magnesia bottle.
Just got the phone with one of the premier local bottle collectors, who is very knowledgeable of Colorado medicine and pharmacy bottles, and he informed me that I'm the owner of the second known example. It's the only one produced in amber, all others either clear, aqua, or an equally rare cobalt.

To say I'm ecstatic would be an understatement.

So enjoy!

Update...

Cindy and I really created a buzz with the three bottles we managed to dig.
Her "Del Norte" hutch was the hit at the Leadville Bottle show, and my two had people talking at our next club meeting.
I decided to sell the Citrate to a local collector, he lives in Boulder, and has been been bottle collecting with his dad for years.
Apparently when he was a teen, he had a chance to purchase the same bottle, but lacked the funds.
Wanted this bottle for a real long time.
Very first time I met him, he and his buddies were digging here in Denver, and I was detecting nearby.
They graciously let me detect their piles, and I managed a few decent coins, and one token.
Next thing I know, they are pulling him out of the caved in hole that they were digging in, and it was obvious that his right arm
was badly broken.
Next time I saw him was about eight years later, and he mentioned that the club he belonged to was having a
Leadville Dump hunt. That dump is famous around these parts.We joined that club a few days later, and it's been downhill ever since!
Plus, it got to the point that I was afraid to even hold the bottle, let alone attempt to do do any further cleaning.
Got a real good price for it, and a very nice standing offer for the Wig Wam.
That one I plan to keep, no insecurity with the occasional fondling, it just feels too good in my hands.
Carl

Attachments

• Whites#21.jpg
    Whites#21.jpg
    229.6 KB · Views: 218
  • 2 Tokens Seated Quarter.jpg
    2 Tokens Seated Quarter.jpg
    308.7 KB · Views: 213
  • Whites#1.jpg
    Whites#1.jpg
    729.2 KB · Views: 229
  • Bottle#3.jpg
    Bottle#3.jpg
    105.7 KB · Views: 187
  • Bottle#4.jpg
    Bottle#4.jpg
    164 KB · Views: 192
Last edited:
Upvote 18

sliverslave

Nov 17, 2012
Co.
Detector(s) used
Explorer ||
Good to here from you Carl. glad to see you been gettin bizy diggen up the good stuff. Haven't seen ya since the lake. Beautiful finds. Thanks for sharing. Keep it up and happy hunting.

PikesPeakCharlie

Bronze Member
Nov 19, 2008
Pikes Peak
Detector(s) used
Garrett Gti 2500, Garrett Gta 350, Garrett Pro-Pointer -- Whites IDX Pro, AutoMax V2 Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Carl ,good to see your post ! But no more whining about common or no bottles,not when you post pics of a wigwam and amber Boulder citrate. When I first read your post my first thought was you found the cylinder wigwam,and I wasnt going to talk to ya for a year or so :) I have dug a yellow gunwas,but have never dug a wigwam. I have also dug 2 Cripple Creek citrates,,,,but they werent amber. Between you and Cindy,you've been kicking it !!! CONGRATULATIONS !!!!!!!!!! You dug 2 bottles that would turn any Colorado bottle diggers eyes green,they did mine. I also know what cindys bottle is and how rare they are,I know of 2 in a California collection,one is like Cindys,no damage,clean and sparkly,the other has no damage,but is frosted pretty heavy. Anyway ,one question, whats next, a Endlich & Good ,or maybe a Denver ale & Brewing :)

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man, to dig something that is unique--even if someone else digs example #2 the next day--that is a thrill like no other. GREAT to see you posting again! And not only did you knock it out of the park with the bottles, those are some killer tokens there too. This is really a banner post. That bottle is seriously first rate.

Cheers,

Buck

OP
OP
curbdiggercarl57

curbdiggercarl57

Silver Member
Nov 19, 2007
Largo, Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you all, and congrates on your Find of a Lifetime Buckle, even if she had to hit you on the head to find it!
Kidding, I envy.
And I appreciate the praise from PikesPeak as well, your postings continue to amaze us up here in Denver.
I had just dug the base of a GunWa, and about ten minutes latter dug the Wigwam.
Thought it was a GunWa, man, my hands were shaking.
I was disappointed not digging one, little did I know how decent a find mine was.
Still need a whole GunWa, they tease and allude me.
Cindy and the "Name That Can't Be Spoken At This Site" went back out there today, hope to hear that they dug something good.
Again, thanks everyone!
Carl

OP
OP
curbdiggercarl57

curbdiggercarl57

Silver Member
Nov 19, 2007
Largo, Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks again, and here are two photos of the bottles cleaned up.

Attachments

• WIGWAM#2 (2).jpg
    WIGWAM#2 (2).jpg
    169.1 KB · Views: 154
  • F.M.Streamer#4.jpg
    F.M.Streamer#4.jpg
    238.6 KB · Views: 148

g-olden years

Silver Member
Nov 10, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
WONDERFUL! :headbang::occasion16: WONDERFUL! :wav: IT'S ALL WONDERFUL! And thanks for giving details to educate novice like me! Andi

49r Relics

Jan 11, 2008
Gold Country (California)
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Garrett AT Pro, Makro Racer 2, Garrett Pro-Pointer, Detector Pro Grey Ghost headphones, Lesche diggers, Apex picks.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, what a post, huge congrats on the uber rare bottle and the hard times token. All killer finds, good to see a come back post like this!

CMDiamonddawg

Silver Member
Oct 14, 2009
Jersey Cape
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1265X & CZ-7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:o Outstanding bottles , tokens , and coin finds ,

curbdiggercarl57

rocks out in the Rockies again !

Many more !

JRMan

Mar 20, 2013
West Coast Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro-pointer,
White's Coinmaster 6000/Di Professional
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Love old tokens.. They tell great stories.. :)

thrillathahunt

Silver Member
Jul 24, 2006
TEXAS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Carl, I thought you dropped off the mountain.:tongue3: Every single one of your finds rock! As much as I like cool old bottles, it's the old trade tokens that pop my cork. LOL Great stuff man!:thumbsup: P.S. Don't be a stranger.

OP
OP
curbdiggercarl57

curbdiggercarl57

Silver Member
Nov 19, 2007
Largo, Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man, to dig something that is unique--even if someone else digs example #2 the next day--that is a thrill like no other. GREAT to see you posting again! And not only did you knock it out of the park with the bottles, those are some killer tokens there too. This is really a banner post. That bottle is seriously first rate.

Cheers,

Carl
Buck

Thanks Buckle, I's loves them tokens!

Glad to continue to see and read that you are still kicking butt!

Carl

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Top Member Reactions