An owl, a ring and big money, oh my!

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Hi everyone, happy Wednesday, I hope your all having a great and safe week!
icon_thumleft.gif
As you can see, I'm hanging in there, my Dr has put me on a new medicine to see if it will take care of the pain I'm still feeling, and also so that I don't have another angina attack that put me back in the hospital earlier this month. If it doesn't work, I might have to have a angiogram, or open heart surgery, so for now, no surgery on my kidney.
BangHead.gif
My Dr loves that I am getting out and metal detecting, and working in the yard, but he says I need to go easy, and not push myself, no problem, I sit and rest often, I have to or Chug will kick my behind!
laughing7.gif

Chug did great this past weekend, the park we went to on Saturday, started with a laugh. There were a few men there to clean the park, well, one of them says he can get the truck down to the beach, so that it would be easier to pick up all the trash there, instead of using bags to collect everything and take it up to the truck. Well, things didn't go his way, he ended up with the right rear tire stuck in some big rocks, and couldn't get it out!
BangHead.gif
They ended up calling a tow truck, to get it free! 0817130908.jpg
laughing7.gif
One of the men saw us and our toys, he came over to us and said we hadn't paid our detecting dues lately. He then proceeds to tell us about all the cool stuff he finds, we talked for a few minutes, and headed down to the water and wet sand. We both saw a nice log, you know the ones, the big ones people use to hang and put things, so they don't lose anything. Chug was working around where the fire pit was when he looks down, and there sitting on top of the sand, was this little beauty! 8-22-13 041.JPG 8-22-13 045.JPG Stainless steel, and it's a spinner also! We are both surprised the worker who talked to us missed it, as there is usually lots of garbage around this log, oh well, sucks to be him!
laughing7.gif
Further down the beach, I headed up to an area we know people like to party at, I found this, 8-22-13 054.JPG I swear I must have spent a good 10 minutes hoping and trying to find whatever it was hooked up to!
BangHead.gif
I also found this cool shirt, it will be perfect for one of our tenants grandson! 8-22-13 055.JPG We went further down the beach, to one of our favorite places to hunt, and Chug found Hootie! 8-22-13 039.JPG Isn't he just the cutest little guy? He is going to look great on a necklace I'm going to make!
headbang.gif
Chug at one point found big money, on our way back, to leave for the day. It was getting warm so we hunted the water, and that is where Chug hit the big money! 8-22-13 042.JPG 8-22-13 047.JPG Would you believe it's a lighter?! There is even a small bell, so you can hang it on a chain, or whatever! It doesn't work, but it still will look great being displayed with our other finds!
hello2.gif
Sunday was a slow day, but still fun, we didn't find but a few coins and some grey matter, along with the usual stuff, bottle caps, pull tabs, nails, well, you get the picture, LOL
We can't wait til this weekend, the tide will be negative low, which will be so much fun, last year we found all kinds of things, mostly grey matter, but tons of clad!
Ok, the next pictures are of necklaces I made, using jewelry that Chug has found. He wanted me to show you all what I made. The first one is a pendant Chug found a couple of years ago, the stone was mined in Sweet Home Oregon, it's rare, and not mined any more. For the life of me, I cannot remember what the stone is, I bet you I will remember what it is sometime tonight after I go to sleep!
BangHead.gif
Nope Chug saved the Day

Holly Blue Agate Purple Chalcedony Love you Red

Mined In Sweet home, Oregon

8-22-13 053.JPG Before..... 8-22-13 048.JPG 8-22-13 052.JPG and after, I used pearls on this one, to compliment the color of the stone, and this is the other one Chug found, 8-22-13 049.JPG Before, LOL ...... 8-22-13 051.JPG 8-22-13 050.JPG and after. I will post more jewelry when I'm done, especially of Hootie!
Take care, stay safe and I hope the rest of your week goes great! HH Red
hello.gif

Last edited:
Upvote 12

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet finds! Hope you get to feeling better.

housemom6

Jun 7, 2013
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites Quantum XT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im pretty new here but Im still glad your feeling better. I just had both of my knees replaced over the last 6 months. I love the jewelry you made with the finds. This is a great hobby isn't it.

Last edited:

justdon

Bronze Member
Aug 6, 2013
Florida
Detector(s) used
Teknetics delta4000/Tesoro compadre/Garrett ace 250/Garrett propointer/Garrett at pro/Tesoro silver umax
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That is beautiful.Enjoy it..And as you were told take it easy.And enjoy your hunting..

cntrydncr1

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Minelab Excal II, ETrac, Infiniuim
you got some nice jewels. Hope you are doing well and i think the stone is lapis. nice find

OP
OP
Chug And Red

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Twinkletoes

Bronze Member
Jan 3, 2013
Detector(s) used
White’s TDI Beach Hunter PI / Minelab Excalibur 1000 / White's MX Sport / White’s XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Jeevez

Aug 8, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Outstanding finds, I'd have been rooting for you to find what those headphones were connected to too! I love the owl though, very cute, I think it will make an awesome necklace as well. Feel better and enjoy your treasures!

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

g-olden years

Silver Member
Nov 10, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
You two had another stellar day! :occasion16::occasion18: Your big-money lighter is as much of a hoot as the owl, lol. :tongue3: Please take even longer rest breaks just to be sure! I messed up my knees this month by trying to be energizer bunny instead of taking long sensible rests.

Lovely necklaces, definitely a happy Chug-Red combo! Inspired by your displaying finds on flowers, I tried similar photos on my patio this week, but erred by placing my rings on a small cactus --- ouch!

Hugs to both of you! Andi

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think it makes a prettier picture.

Yes! Presentation IS important as well! Let alone a bit of showmanship/entertainment.

I enjoy the diversity of finds as much as I respect each person's right to their "OWN" vision.

Some, would prefer that any ring found be displayed with any identifying marks completely shown and highlighted. So, that, if the OP dares not to contact the former owner. They will do it for them and point to the post.

If one absolutely has to see something of the piece and the OP cares to show that, let them ask for a specific angle to be displayed. But, NOT demand nor attempt by hinting at some sort of wrong way of doing, to cause another to change their ways to suit their own.

NOW....how about that load of malarkey?!? LOL And just from one small hint of a request? LOL

HH!

Last edited:

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Love your owl, Red. Take it easy and mind that doctor.

OP
OP
Chug And Red

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Why do you put stuff you find on flowers? I can barely see some of the items...

Flowers are Beautiful Like Red, Chug As her name says She is very stubborn and Pushes her self But I Love Her And Am Always Keeping An Eye On Her While Detecting!!!!

I Make sure she Take's Many Breaks!!! Some of them Get the Heart Beating If She is Up to It!!!! READ BETWEEN THE LINES !!!! She Is Doing Great After the Heart attacks!!! Her Pain Management Doctor Noticed Her Legs The Last Time We Went In!! Increased Mussel tone in Her Arms Legs And Back Who Says Exercise is BAD!!! CHUG

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread