You wont believe the day we had!

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You won't believe the day we had!

Hi everyone, Red here, hope your all having a safe and fun weekend, Chug was able to get yesterday off, so we headed to the river for some fun, we went to a spot we hadn't been for a good long while, it was pretty quiet, we did a lot of swinging, so we took a few rest stops, Chug got a heartbreaker, he got to say those beautiful words "ring in the scoop!" while about 3 feet in the water, he looked it over and saw on the inside of the band....Avon!
BangHead.gif
9-14-13 030.JPG It is cute though, so it's a keeper!
Today we got out very early, there was a light mist falling, and it was chilly, and you know us, we went for it anyway.
laughing7.gif
At one point we couldn't see through our glasses because of the rain. I headed for the first log I see, and score 2 quarters, a dime and 2 pennies, and found another pair of socks, found panties too, but there was NO way I was picking them up, no way!
BangHead.gif
Chug found something very useful, 9-14-13 031.JPG Oh, and omg you should have seen the shore line when we got there this morning, people fishing, ALL up and down the river. There were so many people, and ALL catching fish too, it's salmon season here, and we must have seen at least 20 fish being pulled out of the water! That's not even counting all the times we heard yells cause someone else had caught a fish! Huge ones too! There was one boy who was there for his first time fishing, he had to get some help from his older brother, his fish had to be a good 20 pounds or more and it took him a good 10 minutes to reel it in! There was a family there that we loved watching, mom and one son both got bites, and dad and 2 other sons were running back and forth trying to help them pull their fish in, then they got another one on another line, so 3 of them were pulling in huge ones! There was a 2 fish limit per person, and when one guy got his two, he called his wife to come out, so they could get two more since she also had a license! It was crazy and so much fun to watch!
Soon the beach was empty, so Chug headed for the water, and I hit the trees and bushes in the sand. I found some unusual things, to say the least, 9-14-13 014.JPG 9-14-13 017.JPG 9-14-13 015.JPG My first bells!
hello2.gif
9-14-13 044.JPG 9-14-13 040.JPG 9-14-13 042.JPG and this was buried close to a tree about a foot down in the sand, I'll show you part of it first, cause there is a neat story behind it! 9-14-13 032.JPG I also found a little bling here, and a little bling there, and yet more bling! Ready? 9-14-13 022.JPG I tried to find the other one, but it was a no show. Then I found this little cutie, 9-14-13 021.JPG and finally, I had a great sounding signal, and had to dig it, I move my pin pointer around in the sand, and soon heard what I love to hear, I saw a glint of gold color, move my pointer again, get more gold and by now my heart is pounding, and I catch myself repeating over and over, "Please be real, please be real!" 9-14-13 024.JPG 9-14-13 025.JPG 9-14-13 023.JPG I check for marks, and see an 18, yes! I look again and see the dreaded letters following KGP..........NOOOOOOOOOO!
BangHead.gif
:censored: There is a 925, so it's not a complete loss, plus it's my first chain and pendant, and I've been swinging for 2 years now!
laughing7.gif
We both did good on clad, I found 1.96 and Chug found 1.74, it's not often I find more than Chug.
laughing7.gif

Ok, I bet your waiting to hear about the jar I found. I got a good tone, and started using my hand and pointer to get sand out of the way, I ended up using my digger, I felt some metal, round, and thought "oh crap, not another can!" Well, I kept digging, felt around and felt glass, ok, now I really have to see this, soon I'm holding this jar, inside is one item and a note. I showed Chug when he came to check on me, I had been there for awhile, and I decided to wait til we get home to open it. Here are some more pictures, and what I hope brightens your day as much as it did ours! 9-14-13 011.JPG 9-14-13 033.JPG 9-14-13 037.JPG 9-14-13 036.JPG
We can't wait to get out tomorrow, today was a stellar day, I can't get the grin off my face, and Chug? Well, he says it's "Game on!"
laughing7.gif
Thanks for reading, I hope you all have a great day tomorrow with lots of awesome finds and sights, take care and stay safe! Red
hello.gif

Upvote 8
OP
OP
Chug And Red

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Those Damn Red heads Have All The Luck!!!! LMAO:laughing7::laughing7::laughing7: Red Rocked It today!!! We are Going Back Tomorrow With All Of Our Lead Hopefully someone Will Want to Trade A Few Pounds Of Lead For Some Fresh Salmon!!!:occasion14:

OP
OP
Chug And Red

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Red is Holding onto the jar LID and Quarter!!! Maybe posting it on Facebook!!!! Chug

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like a wonderful day!

arrowhead82

Dec 12, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro and Garrett Pro pointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
nice day! stinks that the bling wasn't real.:BangHead:
HH

GRiley

Apr 15, 2013
North Central Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites Coinmaster 6000/DI Series 3
Whites 6000/DI Pro SL
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Really cool jar find. I would put another note and quarter in the Jar and rebury it on Thanksgiving day. Give another treasure hunter a great day.....GRiley

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread