At Pro with 5x8 arrives just in time !

rayrayvegas

Bronze Member
Jan 2, 2013
🥇 Banner finds
This wonderful beauty arrived yesterday with perfect timing. I secured a hunt at a property here in Vegas for this weekend. The house was built in 1918 and talking to the current homeowner

ForumRunner_20131009_181407.png

has been in the family since 1924. The real excitement is that there is stories that a cache of mob money from the 30's or 40's is supposedly buried on the property or the 2 adjacent lots surrounding the property. Last week i searched one of the lots with no results, the other lot is behind fences and locks. I have heard this story told for the last 5 years by oldtimers here but never could contact a owner, as I was searching the lot last week a older gentlemen was leaving the home and gave the usual. Finding anything? After a long conversation he said he was leaving for the day but invited me back to hunt anywhere on his property this coming up weekend. Crossing my fingers, wish me luck!

Upvote 0

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey RayRay , This AT Pro seem to be the hot detector around here for the last year or so , my question for you is-with the amazing finds
you've made over the last few years , what caused you to think you needed an "upgrade" or new detector ? just curious , and good luck
on your new property access .

OP
OP
rayrayvegas

rayrayvegas

Bronze Member
Jan 2, 2013
🥇 Banner finds
Hey RayRay , This AT Pro seem to be the hot detector around here for the last year or so , my question for you is-with the amazing finds
you've made over the last few years , what caused you to think you needed an "upgrade" or new detector ? just curious , and good luck
on your new property access .

Yes while my Gta 1000 will always be first love, Lol., I felt it was time to see what deeper finds I may have missed due to depth or trash and iron masking treasure. My Gta has a 5x10 elliptical which really separated trash and treasure well but due to the areas I hunt mostly empty lots, teardowns and tearouts I am constantly struggling with loads of nails,iron and lead, guess I needed to try this also while there is alot of road and sidewalk tearouts going on currently here in Vegas. There also turning alot of empty lots here in old downtown into parking lots or new structures so I feel I may miss my window soon if I dont try to go back over these areas with new detector technology.

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the explanation , and I definitely am interested in this AT- Pro - I've been using the White's MXT - and I'm not unhappy with it ,
but I too am curious to see what the buzz is about with the AT-Pro - So obviously I'll be keeping an eye on your posts !

OP
OP
rayrayvegas

rayrayvegas

Bronze Member
Jan 2, 2013
🥇 Banner finds
Thanks for the explanation , and I definitely am interested in this AT- Pro - I've been using the White's MXT - and I'm not unhappy with it ,
but I too am curious to see what the buzz is about with the AT-Pro - So obviously I'll be keeping an eye on your posts !

If it stops raining here I plan on doing some park hunting tomorrow which I have not done in ages, see if I can pull out a gold ring which I have not found in quite awhile. Did air depth tests on both machines and found that the Pro does add a couple of inches more than my Gta in Pro mode. So well have to see how it respomds in the field.

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You know you're a detectorist when: you live in Vegas and hope it DOESN'T rain! You have the ATP now, rain can't stop you. I too am interested in the ATP and will probably buy one before next season, so look forward to your finds. Good luck.

Sent from my iPad using TreasureNet

MiamiFox

Aug 2, 2013
Miami Florida
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030. Excal II, Garrett AT Pro, Howie Scoop
Colt Python .357 6"
Winchester 94 30-30
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I have been using the AT Pro for about two months now and really like it. I found that watching the video's on Garrett's web site helped me a lot.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread