50 KB · Views: 230
Upvote 6

oxbowbarefoot

Banned
May 25, 2011
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
Other
Great Button! I found my Rattlesnake button in Northampton. I will try to find out a little info for you. Iron Patch will likely beat me to it :thumbsup:

jewelerguy

Gold Member
Jun 28, 2011
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
rough condition, but still very cool.

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, XP Deus, Equinox 600, Fisher 1270
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great button, I love the rattlesnake buttons! I have found two of them, and have a rattlesnake button tatooed on my right arm.

recondigger

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2012
Western New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
garrett at4 beach hunter, bounty hunter,CZ-5,CZ-7, Minelab EXP SE, Garrett ACE-150, E-Trac, CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's an awesome button! Can't wait to see how rare it is

Dig until your arm falls off

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's it Troiani's latest book. There's really not much to know because it's unsure exactly what their use was, military or political. As for value it looks like it will clean up pretty good and reveal some silver, but the edge loss will hurt you. If I had to make a rough guess if you threw it on ebay it would get in the $300-$500 range. If it was perfect you could ask for closer to $1,500 and see where that got you.

Ifoundit69

Saving the past one find at a time !
Dec 5, 2007
Lancaster ,VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum Xlt ,Fisher 1270, Fisher F5 ,Fisher F2, , Ctx 3030 ,Nokta Anfibio,Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome score , I would be heading back to that site , where there's one there might be more !

recondigger

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2012
Western New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
garrett at4 beach hunter, bounty hunter,CZ-5,CZ-7, Minelab EXP SE, Garrett ACE-150, E-Trac, CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can't believe this button only had 7 comments its a great find

Dig until your arm falls off

rlc1940

Sep 21, 2013
I've never seen a rattlesnake button. It's a nice find for sure. I'd like to stumble onto one, now that I know they're out there. Reacon there are any around Northeastern Ky.?

OP
OP
C

CoinmasterP

Tenderfoot
Dec 5, 2012
Pioneer valley, MA
Detector(s) used
DFX
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thanks guys. Yea I thought it'd get more love than it did, but I don't post often and that seems to diminish popularity. It's certainly far more scarce than some of the GW buttons that have made banner. How many rattlesnake buttons have people dug this year?

mangum

Bronze Member
Jul 2, 2012
Charlotte, North Carolina
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, MXT Pro Back-up
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks guys. Yea I thought it'd get more love than it did, but I don't post often and that seems to diminish popularity. It's certainly far more scarce than some of the GW buttons that have made banner. How many rattlesnake buttons have people dug this year?

That is a great button and a rare one at that! I don't try to figure out number of posts anymore or my head would explode. Wheat pennies get more than this a lot of times... I'm just happy with what I find & post mainly to have a record of where I find stuff. If people comment, great! If not, I don't lose sleep over it. Congrats & hope to see some more finds from you soon!

jamesbibb

Bronze Member
Sep 11, 2009
Central Va
Detector(s) used
T2SE
DFX
XLT
GPX
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Very good button indeed
Snake buttons are high on my list and they are quite rare. She looks good even with the edge loss.

Last post I made was well researched and featured 3 damn good buttons with one being a possible one of a kind

It was buried under 3 pages of posts with 7 replies

And if you put "silver & wheats" in the title you'll get triple the replies. Lol

Rich in Central PA

May 28, 2003
Shamokin Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's Eagle Spectrum
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations on digging your rare "Rattlesnake" button. Rattlesnake buttons are really unique, that is, many of them are unlisted in any button books, and new varieties are being found by treasure hunters like ourselves from time to time. I found this one back in 1999, sold it for $600.00 to a collector. Again, nice find.............Rich

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/my-best-finds/33607-best-find-1999-a.html

CMDiamonddawg

Silver Member
Oct 14, 2009
Jersey Cape
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1265X & CZ-7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man , those political type buttons don't show up to often , you got a winner with that rattler button :thumbsup:

RelicHunter97

Sep 10, 2010
Western Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Oh awesome Paul! We gotta get some rain up in here, then me you and Bob gotta get out there! There is more to be found!

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow that is a fantastic find. Let the others count their comments well you admire your super rare very cool treasure. :-) nice job

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Pretty typical. because most people tend to comment and follow the types of finds they dig, or could dig, and like you said how many snake buttons have been posted? GWs always get replies because obviously everyone knows the name, but the funny part is I bet a fair % actually think Washington wore the button. :) Even some fairly rare Rev War stuff can come through here and stay under the radar a lot more than you would expect. To make a general comment about the snake buttons what holds them back a bit is the fact they're foreign made and there's still the questions about what exact period they date, and what the use was. They actually do surprisingly well considering all of that.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread