Early 1900s Miners House Dig Lots of rusty treasure!

Maxore

Sep 12, 2012
Utah
Detector(s) used
MXT W/ 950
MXT-Pro w/ 6x10DD
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Early 1900's Miners House Dig Lots of rusty treasure!

Relics off an early 1900's mine site. House was a camp site for 3 miners that worked an iron mine. They would hike halfway down and stay here for the night. It was carved into the side of a hill and the entrance was covered with dirt. They kept an oven cot's and standard supplies. Was told the story about this house from my grandfather that claimed he would be the only one to still know it even exited today. Can't wait to get back up there for more!

I know some of you enjoy the rusted junk that comes along with the good stuff so Ive taken pictures of them all. Spent about 5 hours digging. Enjoy

Also found this at a different site. My detector told me it was at 2 inches and long story short ended up being 8 inches. I first thought it was a hunk of junk. some small glimmers from areas and the weight is almost 100 grams. Compared to a every nail in the pictures below + the 2 smaller train track nails combined is less then 100 grams. The "back" side seems to be another kind of mineral stuck to the "front" side and had a few 6 sided crystals that went to a point on top these fell out when i washed it off and only realized it by catching 1 in a glass. the holes are still visible. Any ideas?
m1.jpg
front
backm.jpg
back

allb.jpg
All Items (junk and all) Circle in Lower right is the top of an Oven the burner you would remove to clean under/in the oven. Found 2 of these.
all.jpg
All Items B (turned items over)
copperbutton.jpg
Close up of Copper Buttons
Mplate.jpg
Closeup of M piece of Iron (in bottom middle of main pic)(after cleaning)
furnaceplate.jpg
Furnace plate? carved 555 in bottom middle, Piece of Mine cart track(cleaned)?
22.jpg
3.5 inch nail raised 22 on head
furnacecovera.jpg
Front Side of furnace door?(after cleaning)
buck.jpg
Leather buckle and tuna opener. piece of ore that my detector wanted me to pickup. Have not tested with kit yet?
buttons.jpg
Close up of buttons (cleaned with water only)
buttonsb.jpg
Close up of buttons and Hammer Pick Head

Last edited:
Upvote 1

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread