Silver Member
Apr 14, 2009
Central New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anyone have any idea on the brass piece with stars? It seems to big for a ring. It was found at a Native American site were there was trade with the french and the Dutch until 1640

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:icon_scratch:I don't know, But those are nice finds!

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Gunrunner61

Silver Member
Jan 12, 2011
Dalton,Ga.
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, E Trac, Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've hunted native american sites all around the upstate of S.C. N.C. and Ga. and those are the first metal points I've ever seen, congrats on some amazing finds, Sorry i can't help with the stars.....unless they are some sort of hallmarks.

catherine1

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2010
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would say those points are made of copper not brass. All the ones I have seen are stemed at the bottom for hafting. Your finds could be rare!

OP
OP
sscindercoop

sscindercoop

Silver Member
Apr 14, 2009
Central New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would say those points are made of copper not brass. All the ones I have seen are stemed at the bottom for hafting. Your finds could be rare!
The point with no hole is definitely a Brass kettle point, I believe they are both brass. HH

jamey

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
very cool sir thanks for sharing

dsinsc

Nov 29, 2011
The Low Country
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelabs Fisher F-75
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice trade points Coop! Don't know if you've seen this info on them or not but this historic account says they pre-date the Pequot War of 1637. I've dug 12 of them, all from CT. Mostly from within a few miles of the CT river and not too far from Saybrook either. All mine have the hole in them and all but one are made of thin sheet brass or copper. One is made of thick brass.

tradepointinfo1.jpg tradepointinfo2.jpg

OP
OP
sscindercoop

sscindercoop

Silver Member
Apr 14, 2009
Central New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice trade points Coop! Don't know if you've seen this info on them or not but this historic account says they pre-date the Pequot War of 1637. I've dug 12 of them, all from CT. Mostly from within a few miles of the CT river and not too far from Saybrook either. All mine have the hole in them and all but one are made of thin sheet brass or copper. One is made of thick brass.

View attachment 908735 View attachment 908736
Thanks, i knew that they could possibly pre date the Pequot wars because the site im hunting has documentation that it P1040341.JPG was visited by the Dutch before the Pequot Wars. I went back to the site yesterday got 2 more broken points, a big red trade bead that was in the hole with a musketball. I would love to see pics of your points for comparison. HH coop

dsinsc

Nov 29, 2011
The Low Country
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelabs Fisher F-75
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't have a recent shot of them all together but here's some of them. The one with the bent tip that shows both sides is my newest one dug in 2012. As you can see in the last pictures I hunt in the snow too :) Here's a link to an article about a dig at a Pequot War fort site. They were trying to locate the site of a battle that took place in the area and wanted to try to find some of the brass points. I was one of the ones helping with the detecting. We didn't find anything but a few musket balls when I was there but they did end up digging several brass points on later searches. They got both the conical and flat type.
The Day - After 3 years of Pequot War research, it's time to dig | News from southeastern Connecticut

tradepoint6.jpg brassarrowfb.jpg 6tradepoints.jpg snowfind.jpg snowfind1.jpg

OP
OP
sscindercoop

sscindercoop

Silver Member
Apr 14, 2009
Central New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't have a recent shot of them all together but here's some of them. The one with the bent tip that shows both sides is my newest one dug in 2012. As you can see in the last pictures I hunt in the snow too :) Here's a link to an article about a dig at a Pequot War fort site. They were trying to locate the site of a battle that took place in the area and wanted to try to find some of the brass points. I was one of the ones helping with the detecting. We didn't find anything but a few musket balls when I was there but they did end up digging several brass points on later searches. They got both the conical and flat type.
The Day - After 3 years of Pequot War research, it's time to dig | News from southeastern Connecticut

View attachment 909634 View attachment 909635 View attachment 909636 View attachment 909637 View attachment 909644
Beautiful points!!!!!!!!!! I know George who was on the Pequot hunt, He came down to hunt with me a few years ago. Thanks for posting HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread