OK...Im in the Big Game Now

BullBat

Nov 23, 2013
The Left Coast
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
OK...I'm in the Big Game Now

Finally broke the 1900 barrier! Morning hunt at an older school site raised more than four dollars (CLAD) for the Starbucks coffee fund and an 1880 Morgan for the bragging box. Morgan1.jpg Morgan2.jpg

Upvote 25

dig kzoo

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2013
Kalamazoo co. MI
Detector(s) used
1 Minelab CTX3030, 2 Garrett AT Gold, Garrett ACE 350, 2 Bounty Hunter tracker IV,BH Junior, 2 Garrett pro pointers
a family adventure!!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Awesome find :occasion14:

wswhiting

Nov 30, 2013
Rogue River, OR
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did some research on my community and found an old school site as well. I went by on my morning run yesterday and there was an old apartment building built on the site covered mostly in asphalt. I was bummed until I noticed that the back of the building had a huge yard that abutted up against the parallel street. The city evidently kept the property and built a small kid's park with swings, slide, etc. Can't wait to check it out. That has to be the old playground for the school. Right? I'm getting my AT Pro today. Hope it doesn't take too long to read through the manual and set it up. Morgan dollar on my first day out with my new hobby? Naw...too much to hope for. Forecast for today - freezing rain with a high of 39. Yuk!

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice find!

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats! The detail is awesome! I'm still look'n for mine!

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Showtime2385

Bronze Member
Nov 19, 2013
NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Garrett AT-Pro, Garrett Pro-pointer-AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

dokc

Oct 24, 2011
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice coin but what's nicer is still having green grass to dig in!

Mi$terG

Jan 25, 2013
Eastern MA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Beautiful coin. Does it still have a little mint luster, or am I seeing things? Congrats on an amazing find!

rayrayvegas

Bronze Member
Jan 2, 2013
🥇 Banner finds
Great find!!! Clean looking too. Great feeling to see big silver in a hole. After 18 years finally dug my first this year. A 1928 peace. Congratulations.

OP
OP
BullBat

BullBat

Nov 23, 2013
The Left Coast
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Jamey...the coin was in a vertical position so the hit wasn't as strong as it could have been. The signal didn't waver at all so I knew it was going to be good.

WS Whiting...as you've found out by now (if delivery was on time,) the AT Pro is an easy learn. It's the machine that found this coin.

Dirtscratcher...you said it all! I found no other item of age on this hunt. It must have been a show & tell item that was mismanaged or maybe a kid losing the coin that he had "borrowed" from his parents' collection and then lost. Whatever the reason, there was nothing to expect it being there.

Mi$terG...no, although the posted image gives off such an appearance, it does not have the mint luster. I think the lighting I used to eliminate glare caused the effect.

Thank you to all that took a look at the post and especially to those that took more time to comment. The find was a thrill and your kind responses have kept the feeling going.

detroitdigger

Bronze Member
Sep 26, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett gtax 1000,Garrett ace 250, Technetics delta
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet find, big silver is so sweet!!!!

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice, it does not get much better than that! It can get better but not much... Awesome find !!

Keep @ it and HH !! :hello2:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread