Big Silver Ring! A Honker!

DocBeav

Bronze Member
Jul 8, 2012
SE Va
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Minelab CTX 3030 (17", 11", 6" coils), Minelab Excalibur 800, Minelab Excalibur 1000 (w/OBN's Remote Pinpoint mod and CTX headphone connector)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hit 3 different beaches in the area today, 2 on the Atlantic side and one on the bay. The bay was the only area that produced. I was already approaching being a grumpy you know what for having found NOTHING at the first two....seriously...2 pieces of aluminum at on and a single bottle cap at the other! (Oh, and to cap it off...on my return leg on the second beach, the PVC arm cuff on my excal 800 snapped off so I had to jerry-rig the strap around my arm and the whole control box for a 1/2 a**ed fix for that 1/2 mile I still had to walk! As you can imagine it didn't work so well....)

Fortunately I also had my 10" excal 1000 in the car and figured I'd try one more beach. I found a nice BIG low spot right in front of a good sized cut (haven't seen many of those lately!) and just about ran to it when I spotted it off in the distance. Daylight and tide were now working against me but I managed to pull a couple coins and this nice big a** silver ring! Marked "Mexico 925" and weighs 8.3 grams. Not sure what size it is other than "huge", it's loose on my finger and I have some good sized digits! Pretty nice find! It certainly made up for the loss of time and gas running around to the other two beaches first! Guess where I'll be tomorrow!? I know there is a yellow one in there with my name on it.....just gotta find that sucker! Thanks for looking! Tip your waitresses and bartenders!
20131221_182933.jpg 20131221_182953.jpg 20131221_183051.jpg

Upvote 8

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Doc your Back!! Some fine Silver my friend!! I knew you were on one of your missions, all was silent from VB....Nice one :icon_thumright:

OP
OP
DocBeav

DocBeav

Bronze Member
Jul 8, 2012
SE Va
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Minelab CTX 3030 (17", 11", 6" coils), Minelab Excalibur 800, Minelab Excalibur 1000 (w/OBN's Remote Pinpoint mod and CTX headphone connector)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LOL Thanks OBN, No missions, just had some local work that kept me busy the last two weeks. Back in the hunt now! Weather is cooperating but the beaches need a bit of help! STill alot of sand that needs to be moved around a bit.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice silver ring! Looks like you made it worth your time and trouble! Bring home the gold! HH!

gravediggermax-vabeachva

Bronze Member
Nov 24, 2005
va beach, va
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
se pro, excal. II, ctx 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
run and gun u did today.
that is a big silver ticket for sure.
see you for surfchurch - cave
good luck

OP
OP
DocBeav

DocBeav

Bronze Member
Jul 8, 2012
SE Va
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks all! Heading back in a few to see if it's still "open" there..... Babyneedsanewpair, tested the ring last night and it is sliver, was worried about that too when I first saw how it was marked...it

pl8man

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2009
San Jose , California
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT PRO with Sunray probe, M6 with a Super 12 coil & a Whites Quantum II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet chunk of silver !

Top Member Reactions