Darby

Mar 31, 2013
South Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Found this token Saturday with my buddy Jdsly in an area where we've found numerous 18th and 19th century relics. No idea on age or use. Any input will be greatly appreciated! We also found 8 buttons, a couple buckles and a couple musket balls...well worth having to bundle in windy thirty something degree weather! Thanks for looking!

ForumRunner_20140120_125408.png

ForumRunner_20140120_125425.png

Upvote 1

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Formerly NH now East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250
Modern arcade token. I have piles of them from various places and a small collection of those that are marked with the name of the arcade. Fun find but you still have to go to work tomorrow... lol

idahotokens

Bronze Member
Aug 30, 2003
Primary Interest:
Other
This is from a type of slot machine used in the 1930s which sucked in nickels and paid out tokens. This was to circumvent gambling laws. Even though the tokens stated they had no cash or trade value, they were usually redeemable for 5¢ in trade at the candy or cigar counter near the machine.
John in the Great 208

OP
OP
Darby

Darby

Mar 31, 2013
South Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thanks idahotokens! I found this at a site where most finds are older relics. First token I've found and hoped it was older but still excited with the find! Thanks again for helping date it. Have a great day!

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice token Darby. I love finding tokens. :thumbsup:
Congrats,
MM

OP
OP
Darby

Darby

Mar 31, 2013
South Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thanks MM. First token for me and a very interesting find for that site. Thanks again for looking!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread