got2dig

Bronze Member
Feb 9, 2012
Mid-Tenn
Detector(s) used
XLT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Got out for a short hunt, the rain was on the way. And boy did I get wet. But pulled some lead up. And one piece of brass I have no clue what it is, may be off a belt. It's got some weight to it.
Thanks for the look and hope you all are pulling it up. HH...

2-4-14 001.JPG

This one is cool. looks like it was cut

2-4-14 005.JPG 2-4-14 006.JPG

Attachments

• 2-4-14 004.JPG
    2-4-14 004.JPG
    339.6 KB · Views: 145
Last edited:
Upvote 10

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice lead you got there!

I would love to go out and pull anything out of the ground, unfortunately the ground isn't cooperating and is frozen solid right now! So we waiting and watching the rest of you guys dig up goodies. I am sooo ready for winter to be OVER!!!

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
ground is frozen and so is the snow on top of it!

flatbutton

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2013
Eastern N.C.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE, Tesoro Sand Shark,Nautilus DMC 1, Garrett Grand Master Hunter,Garrett Master Hunter 5 , Whites Coinmaster 5000/D
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice assortment! The sliced 3 ringer is pretty cool! I feel your pain on the weather. right now in my area, It's a D*** mudhole! And the forecast is rain all the way through the weekend. :BangHead:

fish1on

Silver Member
Aug 28, 2012
Farr West, utah
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70 with 6.5", 10" Elliptical, & 11" Search Coil. Garret pro pointer AT, Minelab excaliber II (New machine)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice finds, I save up my lead and melt it down in my production pot to make fishing jigs out of.

Silversurfer79

Dec 24, 2013
Southern, MN
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Propointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice lead you got there!

I would love to go out and pull anything out of the ground, unfortunately the ground isn't cooperating and is frozen solid right now! So we waiting and watching the rest of you guys dig up goodies. I am sooo ready for winter to be OVER!!!

Longest winter ever!!!!!!!!!!

Pointman

Silver Member
Feb 18, 2013
Arkansas
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
I’ve used about all modern ones but right now: CTX 3030, White’s MXT Pro, XP Deus, Vaquero, White’s TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice. Interesting, I wonder if the bullet was carved in half? The one musket, looks like it could have been chewed on.

Could the dark thing with two holes be a tent rope tightener?

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds, I save up my lead and melt it down in my production pot to make fishing jigs out of.

Hopefully NOT Civil War Period Lead. LOl

markp

Dec 3, 2013
Peytona,WV
Detector(s) used
White dfx, and Garrett at pro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
that's some nice TN lead, good digs

OP
OP
got2dig

got2dig

Bronze Member
Feb 9, 2012
Mid-Tenn
Detector(s) used
XLT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice. Interesting, I wonder if the bullet was carved in half? The one musket, looks like it could have been chewed on.

Could the dark thing with two holes be a tent rope tightener?

Pointman, it looks to me to have been cut. It's to smooth to have been shot. The brass is to small for a tent rope, it's more like the size of a belt buckle loop or like a hanger.
Very heavy Brass and a nice green patina.
The round ball was shot. This spot had a lot of activity with small camps all over it.
I have got some nice relics from there. They just keep rolling up. But you have to work hard all of them. HH....

OP
OP
got2dig

got2dig

Bronze Member
Feb 9, 2012
Mid-Tenn
Detector(s) used
XLT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice assortment! The sliced 3 ringer is pretty cool! I feel your pain on the weather. right now in my area, It's a D*** mudhole! And the forecast is rain all the way through the weekend. :BangHead:

Thanks mr.b, It looks like will have some time to go tell we dry out. My outer layer was sooo wet. It took all I had to get over the wood fence. I all ways take a fall on them things. HH...

OP
OP
got2dig

got2dig

Bronze Member
Feb 9, 2012
Mid-Tenn
Detector(s) used
XLT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice lead you got there!

Yep, it's has been frozen here but not but the first 2 or 3 in. Hope you get a thaw soon. HH....

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Oh no! You melt your lead?!? I love the old bullets. Don't think I could ever destroy mine. I'd melt my oldest coin first, lol.
I really like that cut one too, got. The patina says it was cut long ago.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

MT_Joe

Feb 22, 2013
Ferndale, Montana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
Other
Yep, would love to know the story on the cut bullet.

Here's my theory. Someone many years ago was cutting firewood and it was lodged in a tree. He cut it in half and the man didn't notice or care and it fell out of the wood.

Here is an example

It also happened to me a few years back on my own property with a round ball. I cut it in half as smooth as could be, then lost it before I got back to the house. :tongue3:

OP
OP
got2dig

got2dig

Bronze Member
Feb 9, 2012
Mid-Tenn
Detector(s) used
XLT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Oh no! You melt your lead?!? I love the old bullets. Don't think I could ever destroy mine. I'd melt my oldest coin first, lol.
I really like that cut one too, got. The patina says it was cut long ago.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yep, Old Dude just love the lead to mush to melt it. That to me would be a piece of history lost. So hope that it's modern lead.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread