VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Northern Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
It seemed much colder than 35 degrees this morning when we met our friend Master_Cat (Brent) at a prospective CW site this morning. Tenn Josh was probably snoring loudly from working last night about that time-LOL. Brent had a tip that relics may be found on some property but couldn’t contact the owner. We found the owner for him and secured permission for us all to hunt. We had no information as to where relics may be found on the large property but just relied on experience. We spread out and I struck first blood with 3 pistol balls. As Brent made his way over to me, he dug what we thought was a melted bullet but it turned out to be a slice cut from a 3 ring .58 cal. bullet. Doug moved about 150 yards away from where the pistol balls were dug and scored a dropped .58 and a Williams Cleaner bullet. Later I dug a dropped .58 at another location and Brent dug a Williams Cleaner bullet.
Our finds from this morning are shown on the orange Modern Miner “Relic Rag”. Doug’s updated box from the Williams Cleaner Camp is shown in the 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] pic and my recent finds before today are shown on the white background. We will return to that site as we only covered a little section of the property. Thanks for watching and HH from Doug, Brent, & Quindy.
My CW relics for 2014=79

Attachments

• DSCN1025 (485x640).jpg
    DSCN1025 (485x640).jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 140
  • DSCN1017 (640x390).jpg
    DSCN1017 (640x390).jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 150
  • DSCN1023.JPG
    DSCN1023.JPG
    256 KB · Views: 153
Upvote 5

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great bunch of finds! Awesome hunts you guys are having. Congrats! HH!

tennessee digger

Bronze Member
Sep 14, 2011
Nashville
Detector(s) used
Tesoro and Troy Shadow Fisher Gold Bug Pro Minelab Equinox 600.
I loved that video. I've never met Brent but he seems like a good guy. I too heard that there had been a little scattered stuff found there years ago but obviously they didn't get it all. Do you remember reading about those chain pickets? Good job again! Tennessee digger.....the second most interesting relic hunter around, next to you-know-who.

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I loved that video. I've never met Brent but he seems like a good guy. I too heard that there had been a little scattered stuff found there years ago but obviously they didn't get it all. Do you remember reading about those chain pickets? Good job again! Tennessee digger.....the second most interesting relic hunter around, next to you-know-who.

Great new spot guys. I bet you all panicked when you saw that Williams Cleaner. Good luck there Master Cat hanging with those guys. Looks to hold some relics and could just be the tip of the ice berg. Tennessee Digger.. That was funny! I don't often dig bullets but when I do,,, I dig big old lead bullets. Fresh batteries my friend.
Quindy good to see the Ms's putting up with you. You are a lucky man. Great music again.
Happy hunting

Breezie

Gold Member
Oct 3, 2009
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & Spectrum~Garrett's Pro-Pointer~VibraProbe
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
ANOTHER great hunt! :thumbsup: Kudos to Ms. Q for being the first person in 150+ years to crack the egg on that bullet! It looks like y'all had a great time. I enjoyed the video and especially the music!

:)
Breezie

master_cat

Mar 10, 2012
tennessee
Detector(s) used
fisher f75 se
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
It was fun guys had a lot of fun hangin with yall next time we will pull some brassss thanks agin guys

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great first hunt guys, and super video too Q. :thumbsup: That was nice of Master Cat to babysit you two clowns. He doesn't know what he got himself into I bet. :laughing7:
Those display cases you guys put your relics in really set off all the great pieces.
Congrats Guys. Tell Dman to wear socks next time so his feet don't freeze. :tongue3:
-MM-

-

matt092079

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2011
Charles Town, WV
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 with 11" DD coil, Garrett Ace 250 with 9x12 coil, Garrett Pro-Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats. I haven't really gotten into a CW site this year. So I'm kinda envious. lol I have over 40 some bullets this year so far, and 22 of them were found in one day! The year is early, though. HH

Sooper Dave

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2012
USA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great job guys! Another great video, I thought it was great you shared the bullet reveal with your wife. And all those relics look awesome in that display from your Williams Cleaner Camp. Good luck on the next one.

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And a 'yee haw'! Looks like another great spot to be diggin'! First day at a new site is always a scouting mission. No telling what you all will find there and I'm excited to see.
WTG on ALL those super keepers!
Nana :)

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds, nice video.

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Look's like a fun Day in my book.
IMO .Def, more relics to be found at that spot.

(Wish I were there)
Davers

Ifoundit69

Saving the past one find at a time !
Dec 5, 2007
Lancaster ,VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum Xlt ,Fisher 1270, Fisher F5 ,Fisher F2, , Ctx 3030 ,Nokta Anfibio,Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice score's Quindy , digging is just so addictive isnt it ! Dont you love it when a plan comes together the research , seeking and getting permission and sometimes it really pays off . And I love the video's, keep um coming !

got2dig

Bronze Member
Feb 9, 2012
Mid-Tenn
Detector(s) used
XLT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Q, good to see you guys working it. And good to see Brent pulling it up. He is one cool cat. Hope to get out with him soon. Keep it up. HH....

OP
OP
VOL1266-X

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I do remember you telling me about chain pickets Donnie as they must maintain visual contact from post to post. I would not have thought they would be that far out. See you next week. HH, Q.

OP
OP
VOL1266-X

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great new spot guys. I bet you all panicked when you saw that Williams Cleaner. Good luck there Master Cat hanging with those guys. Looks to hold some relics and could just be the tip of the ice berg. Tennessee Digger.. That was funny! I don't often dig bullets but when I do,,, I dig big old lead bullets. Fresh batteries my friend.
Quindy good to see the Ms's putting up with you. You are a lucky man. Great music again.
Happy hunting
Thanks Richard. That was a well traveled route during the CW. We won't get our hopes up until we start digging brass and more camp lead. HH & stay warm, Q.

OP
OP
VOL1266-X

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
ANOTHER great hunt! :thumbsup: Kudos to Ms. Q for being the first person in 150+ years to crack the egg on that bullet! It looks like y'all had a great time. I enjoyed the video and especially the music!

:)
Breezie
I thought about you when I added the music to the video Breezie. You are a true Southern Gal for sure who does honor and appreciate the South and don't take crap off of anyone. HH, Q.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread