Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
US cufflink found in a 1830's site

I found this hunting a new site that dates back to 1834, I'm not quite sure if it is a cufflink. If anyone knows what it might be please let me know. I spent about an hour at this site in the rain. There were not allot of targets.

I also drove to another new spot that I figured I could sniff out really fast to see if it would be a worthwhile spot to hit. It was pouring rain, without saying too much to give up the spot, I know it would have been a heavy traffic area and I spent ten minites in the heavy rain detecting. I found four pennies and four dimes in a very small area of this site. One penny is a 1946 wheat back reverse linclon. I'll probally be back there the next nice weather day (tomorrow!) I have been in a slump, finding only garbage and trash lately, the last three LC's I found were beyond toast. I'm hoping that I might have found a really good spot. Today was not a day, weather wise, to find out for sure.

Upvote 9

DiggetyDog

Nov 8, 2013
Texas
Detector(s) used
MINELAB XTRA 705
MINELAB CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very Cool!

Hahaha! I lick coins too.

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice, I think it might be a collar stud...

johnnyblaze

Silver Member
Dec 20, 2010
Rhode Island
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T2 SPECIAL EDITION
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice find man:icon_thumright:

Looks like U.S. Marshall type of button i have never seen one before..

Blaze

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That really is a VERY nice little piece! Love it when a small comes up looking that good.

WTG!

surf

Silver Member
Jan 10, 2013
Detector(s) used
seeing eye shovel
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm thinking it a lapel pin, First War era, perhaps an Honorable Discharge pin. I've found several at electronic auction, identified as such.

il_570xN.553095846_nh3f.jpg Antique World War I WW1 Victory Lapel Button

cambria09

Bronze Member
Jun 10, 2012
Florida
Detector(s) used
Mine Lab Sovereign Elite, Mine Lab Etrac, Garrett ATMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello treblehunter. Nice find and in good shape too. Good luck on your new site.

BTW sometimes coinlickin' is the only way to know which pocket your finds belong in.

C9

OP
OP
treblehunter

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm thinking it a lapel pin, First War era, perhaps an Honorable Discharge pin. I've found several at electronic auction, identified as such.

Thank you so much, Surf, you are the man. No wonder it looks so cool, from your link, look what it said.

The Victory Button was designed by well-known sculptor A. A. Weinman, creator of the Walking Liberty half dollar and the Mercury dime, as well as many architectural sculptures. The bronze Victory Button was chosen as the central element of the emblem of the American Legion.

OP
OP
treblehunter

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks guys, all of you for commenting on my find, tomorrow will be a little colder, but I'm thinking I'll be back to both sites.

jewelerguy

Gold Member
Jun 28, 2011
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yep. surf got it. I found one of those many years ago.

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great looking piece TH.

Awesome job on the ID as usual Surf. :hello2:
-MM-

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
treblehunter

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's going to be cold but I'm headed out later this morning to hit both of those spots again. This time I can spend more time with it not raining. Being cold is one thing, but cold and wet is another! Thanks again for everyone's replies and help.
Brad

wvdirtdigger

Mar 9, 2013
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet find. I can't believe how good the condition of that pin is. Congrats!!

sweetrelease

Sep 26, 2013
new jersey
Detector(s) used
at pro and ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice ... hope your new spot gives you that lc in great shape ;-)

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is in amazingly good shape congrats!

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is a really nice looking piece TH. I love the look of it. Condition is awesome too. Hope this site yields some awesome stuff buddy

OP
OP
treblehunter

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you everyone again for your kind words, I just got home from a long disappointing day. I hate to be negative, I spent 2 hrs at the 1830's site and only found 9 repeatable targets. 6 of them were those old hex head fasteners (made of brass), washer and a nut. Again, another hunted out site, as old as this site is there should be allot more targets. I knew this yesterday and was quite pleased to have found the lapel pin, it's really not why I'm disappointed. The other site that I spent ten minutes at yesterday was the site I had got my hopes up for. The manager came to me and told me that her boss does not want anyone to have that kind of access to the property. If I knew the people it would not even be an issue. It is a high profile business and a huge property (thousands of acres) Not knowing me, makes me a security issue, there is allot of money on site where security is an issue. I really thought I had the holy grail site just to have the rug pulled out from under me before I even got started. I'm going to make some phone calls, I might know some people that might be able to get me in. I just thought it was a done deal.:BangHead: Just to give you an idea here is a pic of just the parking lot that I was in for ten minutes yesterday. The pic was taken in 1962, it was a dirt lot then and still is.

Oh well, back to knocking on doors, I did stop at a different site, hunted for two hours there and found three coins, two stinking linclons and a 1940 wheatie that saved the day (I think) haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa. Could be worse, at least I can walk, swing, dig, and see to read a date on a 1940 penny. lol

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread