Florida Indian scraper!

Guest 1551

Aug 4, 2013
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT PRO, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Other
I did about a 1.25 hour metal detecting hunt today and it payed off! I was digging on a property i recently got permission to hunt at and after 40 minutes had found nothing good at all so i decided to move to a different part of the property and within minutes dug my first Tallahassee Railroad spike (i love finding stuff from this specific railroad which was active 1837-1982). I then walked a couple more feet and got another signal and while i was searching for the target I got this late 1800s medicine bottle, the target turned out to be another spike! Just when i was to fill the in the hole i saw this beautiful scraper/knife lying on the surface!! Normally its illegal to keep native american artifacts in Florida but since it was found on private property its mine! BOO YAH!! One of my best accidental MDing finds ever!! Unbelievable!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    732.7 KB · Views: 141
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    690.3 KB · Views: 122
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    760.6 KB · Views: 169
Upvote 9

Pirateofthewaste

Dec 27, 2013
Illinois
Detector(s) used
Bounty Huntter,VFL,win best and bounty hunter pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I did about a 1.25 hour metal detecting hunt today and it payed off! I was digging on a property i recently got permission to hunt at and after 40 minutes had found nothing good at all so i decided to move to a different part of the property and within minutes dug my first Tallahassee Railroad spike (i love finding stuff from this specific railroad which was active 1837-1982). I then walked a couple more feet and got another signal and while i was searching for the target I got this late 1800s medicine bottle, the target turned out to be another spike! Just when i was to fill the in the hole i saw this beautiful scraper/knife lying on the surface!! Normally its illegal to keep native american artifacts in Florida but since it was found on private property its mine! BOO YAH!! One of my best accidental MDing finds ever!! Unbelievable!!

Coop,cool and supercool

OP
OP
G

Guest 1551

Aug 4, 2013
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT PRO, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Other
Thx!

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome PRIVATE PROPERTY finds! Is it not ridiculous the insane laws they make! Score one for our side! Recovery made!

OP
OP
G

Guest 1551

Aug 4, 2013
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT PRO, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Other
Awesome PRIVATE PROPERTY finds! Is it not ridiculous the insane laws they make! Score one for our side! Recovery made!

Yeah, the gov can be pretty foolish. I'm trying to get the darn thing repealed with a buddy of mine.

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool finds!

OP
OP
G

Guest 1551

Aug 4, 2013
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT PRO, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks guys!!

OP
OP
G

Guest 1551

Aug 4, 2013
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT PRO, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Other
im just so shocked that i found the scraper! I love native american artifacts but cant collect ones out of rivers cause of the stupid laws!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread