Two hole hunt,one cool find.

countrycody16

Jul 25, 2012
Cullman Alabama
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Today I decided to bring my buddy to hit a spot walking distance from my house. Every time I've hit this spot any items I dug up all came from the driveway which is because there's is so so so much trash because lazy people would rather dump their junk at an old homesite right off the road than take it too the dump which irritates me horribly. But since I had help today I decided to try to determine where the property began and ended and try to scan as much as possible through the incredibly thick weeds and thorns. Anyways we discovered and old oak tree at what we think is the end of the property so I decided to hit by the tree and see if anyone dropped any goodies there. Well I didn't get any signals near it. So I walked about 25 yards into a really thick spot and finally get a decent signal. My AT Pro was putting out a mid tone so I wasn't expecting anything decent really. I popped the plug and out came a dime sized object. I was thinking a clad dime. But I started cleaning off a little dirt and realized I had actually had an alabama sales tax token I've never seen before. And other than that I had only dug one other hole the hole hunt and of course it was junk. But I learned today that no matter how trashy or thick an area is it could pay off to do your best to detect through it.

image-4097905143.jpg

image-2830417345.jpg

Upvote 6

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Being from Gulf Shores Al originally, I love it! Neat find.

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't let the trash dump in the side yard upset you too much. I don't know how old your home site is, but in the old days there were no dumps(to speak of) for people to take there trash. I can remember my grand parents burning there trash and I'm not that old (at least I like to think so) I could be way off base so don't think I'm being rude with you.

I love your token, it is really cool, good work!

jewelerguy

Gold Member
Jun 28, 2011
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
great token. I have found a lot of Oklahoma tax tokens, but rarely the 5 mil tokens

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Perseverance will pay off every time. I had an older gentleman tell me about an old home site that absolutely covered in trash. It literally took home two years of cleaning it out. But after getting all of the crap out of there he found some amazing stuff, including some very old silver coins. One thing I've learned quickly is that people are very lazy. If it's not easy they usually don't do it. That's why I hunt steep hills and super thick brush that no one in their right mind would go into. I have found some great stuff in these uncomfortable and hard to get to places. Keep up the good work! You will be rewarded

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread