Ranger Paul

Attachments

• finds 004.jpg
    finds 004.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 722
Upvote 0

waldopeppa

Jan 16, 2005
oh wow, thats awesome. Imagine the history behind those? Fur trappers? Native Americans? endless possibilites.

good luck

karib2517

Jan 18, 2007
Detector(s) used
Minelab X50 : Another world inches below us.
there is more where you found them,nice digs.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You never want to mess with a guy that can bite halfway through a lead ball! That, or it was a l..o..n..g operation. Gawd. Who says they miss "the good old days?"

D

dugupfinds

When the ball got stuck in the barrel they used a tool like a corkscrew to pull it out. Maybe that is the marks it left?

ringfinder

Silver Member
Nov 9, 2005
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 5000, X-Terra 70, Garret Infinium, Tesorro Tiger Shark, ACE 250, Nautilus DMC 2B, Fisher 1235
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, way to go congratulations on your first finds, we are looking forward to seeing your next finds.

HH, and keep the coil to the soil, Ringfinder

Leeame

Feb 8, 2007
Grants Pass OR
Detector(s) used
White's Spectra V3i
Ranger Paul
All I can find on my property is old fence posts and chicken wire. Well I did find a 12" iron wedge for splitting lumber. You must live in a different part of So Ore than I do.
Good findings on the first day out.

Lisa in So Ore

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds, I always enjoy finding a musket ball! Does look like it was retreived with a ball puller. HH, Mike

OP
OP
R

Ranger Paul

I don't know what ball puller marks look like, but if I were to take a ball of cheese and bite into it, it would look just like these marks. Look closely at the ridges between the gouges.
RP

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread