Late 1700 early 1800 fiinds

capsmith

Jan 10, 2011
Tennessee
Detector(s) used
White
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is some of my fiinds for today.I was huntiing with my white XLT set on mixed mode. The farm I was huntiing on is about 200 acres. It has about ten old house siites from the late 1700 s. That had been hunted to death. I thought I miight be able to fiind another site.Hunting
on a small rise in the woods,I noticed a few lime stones rock that was out of place, for the place I was huntiing .The first target was a square cut nail . I thought this is looking good.Went a little futher and started finding some good target to dig. I know these are nothing great but I so happy to find a new place on the farm. I am going back soon . May be some spanish siilver just waiting for me.

2-22-14 070.JPG

Upvote 2

EccentricInTexas

Jan 14, 2013
Central Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 11DD coil 11x15DD coil 6DD coil
Schiebel AN-19/2,
Bounty Hunter Land Ranger Pro,
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Neat finds, do any of the buttons have any designs on them?

OP
OP
C

capsmith

Jan 10, 2011
Tennessee
Detector(s) used
White
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Neat finds, do any of the buttons have any designs on them?

I dont think any of these have any design on the face but some have writing on the back and some gilt left.I have not taken the time to clean them off.

BARKER

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
BOSTON
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Garrett GMH, Toltec 100, Whites PI 3000, Fisher 75, Whites Silver Eagle 2, Whites Beachcomber, and several others from 1968 to Present
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Capsmith; You have the right idea. hunt the areas the others haven't. The Colonists didn't just stay "right There". They moved all over the place. Try to find the privy's. They are gold mines. Also, sometimes you can date a button by the Makers Marks ok. Good Hunting and keep the pics coming. PEACE:RONB

OP
OP
C

capsmith

Jan 10, 2011
Tennessee
Detector(s) used
White
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some may not know this but most may.You can click on my picture to get a larger version,you can enlarge it 3 tiimes .

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions