Nearly skunked today

bazinga

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2005
High Five!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went out with Jim and Larry today to some fields that Jim had found.

At the first field Jim found an 1852 Large Cent yesterday. None of us found anything there today.

Then off to the second field. We were hunting on a sheet of iron and picking out good signals was nearly impossible. Then out of nowhere Jim comes over with a big smile on his face.... 1876 Seated Quarter.

Then Larry joined in and found a fatty indian head with no date. And then Jim found an indian head of his own.

The day nearly ended without me finding a coin..... NOT GOOD AT ALL!!

I managed an 1864 Indian Head and two flat buttons.

03-10-07.JPG

Upvote 0

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
is that the first indian this year brian? the ground around here has just thawed out for the second time now, but its like a muddy swamp out there with the snow melt and rain. im hoping to be able to give the explorer se a try next weekend. anyway......any indian is a good one! congrats!

OP
OP
bazinga

bazinga

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2005
High Five!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hollowpointred said:
is that the first indian this year brian? the ground around here has just thawed out for the second time now, but its like a muddy swamp out there with the snow melt and rain. im hoping to be able to give the explorer se a try next weekend. anyway......any indian is a good one! congrats!

Nope, it's the 4th of the year. Got 1 in January right before the big freeze and two more yesterday in my first trip out since.

Good luck with the Explorer!

Getty

Bronze Member
May 1, 2005
Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I knew you had it in ya brian,good job bud!

D

doyboy

You're not the only pro who has had a bad day before. Keep your head high, Big B, because at the conclusion of your metal detecting career, there will be a monument of you in downtown Muncie.

Dimeman

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2007
Houston,TX
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro Fisher F5
Though you didn't find alot, at least you found something!!!! And you got out to search. Good going. :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread