Dont Know, Dont Care...

Wily Dunk

Sep 12, 2012
Shelby, Alabama
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro - Ground EFX TC1X Treasure Commander Si Robertson Signature Edition - BH Pioneer 202 - RS Micronta 4003 -
Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Garrett Edge Digger - Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Don't Know, Don't Care...

I don't know or care how this got in my driveway, I am happy I found it.. While going to check my mail today I noticed something shiny about 30 feet from my mailbox laying in my driveway.. I figured it was a piece of trash and was going to pick it up and toss it in the garbage but when I got to it I seen it was a quarter.. I checked the date and it is a 1961 quarter, needless to say it's going in my silver box and not in the trash..

2. 1961 Silver Quarter.JPG 5. 1961 Silver Quarter.JPG

Upvote 8

gman7665

Mar 1, 2013
Campville New York
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kids up here in New York are Careless and throw change all over, Maybe they tried to get Your Mailbox? You Won either way ...

surface finder

Greenie
Mar 13, 2014
Denver, CO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
To me, thinking up the story behind unexpected finds like this helps with those times when you are staring down a large area to search with very few clues or even hints of things to find. Creating the story can help keep you motivated and entertained when all that is available to find is trash. Thinking back to the silver coin in the driveway or indian in the donut change can remind you that treasure will find you even when you don't look for it; you simply have to keep your eyes and intuition open. And when you begin an actual search, you can be reassured the odds are in your favor because not only is there treasure to be found everywhere, but now you are really looking.

jewelerguy

Gold Member
Jun 28, 2011
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
very odd to find a random silver coin just laying on the surface. maybe you briefly stepped through a time portal on the way to get your mail

OP
OP
Wily Dunk

Wily Dunk

Sep 12, 2012
Shelby, Alabama
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro - Ground EFX TC1X Treasure Commander Si Robertson Signature Edition - BH Pioneer 202 - RS Micronta 4003 -
Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
very odd to find a random silver coin just laying on the surface. maybe you briefly stepped through a time portal on the way to get your mail

LOL... I'm thinking maybe one of my friends that's always telling me about all the silver coins he's got probably lost this quarter earlier today when he was over.. It's mine now though, finders keepers, especially in my own driveway.. Then again, maybe you're right.. :dontknow:

Guest 1551

Aug 4, 2013
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT PRO, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Other
Lucky dog! I like finding clad quarters on the ground, but dang, a silver quarter would make my day!

ggossage

May 18, 2009
Eastern Nebraska
To me, thinking up the story behind unexpected finds like this helps with those times when you are staring down a large area to search with very few clues or even hints of things to find. Creating the story can help keep you motivated and entertained when all that is available to find is trash. Thinking back to the silver coin in the driveway or indian in the donut change can remind you that treasure will find you even when you don't look for it; you simply have to keep your eyes and intuition open. And when you begin an actual search, you can be reassured the odds are in your favor because not only is there treasure to be found everywhere, but now you are really looking.

Sound advice!

justdon

Bronze Member
Aug 6, 2013
Florida
Detector(s) used
Teknetics delta4000/Tesoro compadre/Garrett ace 250/Garrett propointer/Garrett at pro/Tesoro silver umax
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice looks like its in great condition too.

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
maybe it wuz yurs after a day of detectin and fell out of yur pocket. Nooo :thumbsup:

hostagedk

Feb 12, 2014
PA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
lol very nice find on your driveway i'd be wearing a smile with that

OP
OP
Wily Dunk

Wily Dunk

Sep 12, 2012
Shelby, Alabama
Detector(s) used
Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
maybe it wuz yurs after a day of detectin and fell out of yur pocket. Nooo :thumbsup:

It wasn't mine before cause I haven't been out detecting in a while due to health issues but it's mine now...lol.. Maybe it's a sign of good things to come next time I go out...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread