Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Like Tree8Likes
  • 2 Post By White Akuma
  • 1 Post By Dice414
  • 1 Post By Rick (Nova Scotia)
  • 1 Post By AQUA
  • 1 Post By White Akuma
  • 1 Post By Back-of-the-boat
  • 1 Post By g-olden years

Thread: Snow gone, and two firsts!

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    May 2012
    Dolly Sods, WV
    Ace 250, ATGOLD!! xterra 305
    59 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Snow gone, and two firsts! (update) Ring Returned!

Been really getting the urge to go digging here lately as we bounce between deep winter and almost summerlike weather here lately in Wv, so I finally got a good day to head out for a few hours. Unfortanately been having a bit of trouble with the old station wagon and the wife wouldn't let me go tearin up the mountain to my usual old homesite in her car, so I had to settle with going down the road abit to a local park just to scratch that old itch. Pretty happy I did now!

First off been wanting to find a boyscout slide, so was able to mark that one off the list, and the pin and bullets were nice too. Almost thought CW on the one when I pulled it, but pretty sure I wouldn't be that lucky. It's an old spot where the park is now, but seemed too close to the surface an no real patina. Oh, and I left the coins out of the shot too, all new not even a wheatie.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Boyscouts.JPG 
Views:	170 
Size:	1.23 MB 
ID:	964346

Next off the list was a real surprise for me. Finally got a Class Ring! 10k too! At first the 250 was jumping close to a penny and a bit below which made me figure on another piece of confetti or maybe a bullet casing, but after flipping the plug and seeing the glint I was all smiles, then after seeing the size of it my first thoughts were "All right, now I get to return it!" To be frank I never would have figured that would be my first thought. Kinda makes me a bit happy for myself too. Hehe, second thought was "Hopefully they have some kind of old unsearched homesite they'd love to invite me to hunt. Hehe, guess I'm not that saintly after all. Well, after I get done posting these pics, it'll be time to start checking about on Facebook and a few other places to find this fellow and get to experience the joy of returning a private piece of history. If it don't take too long hopefully I'll be able to update in a few days with a pic of the return. Seems to have been a Captain on the football team too. Not sure, but I believe that year was one of their championship years too. Wish me luck, and as always HH!

Name:	E ring 1.JPG 
Views:	142 
Size:	2.73 MB 
ID:	964347Click image for larger version. 

Name:	e ring 2.JPG 
Views:	160 
Size:	1.73 MB 
ID:	964348
    Last edited by White Akuma; Mar 25, 2014 at 07:31 PM.
    Dice414 and Sobo like this.

Mar 2014
    Louisiana
    66 times
    Cool finds, hopefully Eric can get his ring back.
    White Akuma likes this.

us
    Dig it

Feb 2013
    Ferndale, Montana
    Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
    307 times
    I detect therefore I am
    Is that a Viking Mascot on the ring?

Name:	old-cabin1.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	239.0 KB 
ID:	964361

ca
    May 2008
    Omega, F75, AT Pro
    2637 times
    Banner Finds (3)
    Honorable Mentions (3)
    Nice find, I've not found a gold class r. yet. No doubt you'll get good karme for doing that, and yes maybe they will know of, or even own some good property, which you'll be a shoe in for sure.
    White Akuma likes this.

ca
    Fisherman

Aug 2013
    Nova Scotia
    FISHER F75 / TESORO SAND SHARK / CZ 21
    1039 times
    Banner Finds (2)
    NICE FINDS...

Karma is a good thing...so the return of the ring will be rewarding in some way...either now or later !!!
    White Akuma likes this.

us
    May 2012
    Dolly Sods, WV
    59 times
    Quote Originally Posted by MT_Joe View Post
    Is that a Viking Mascot on the ring?

Name:	old-cabin1.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	239.0 KB 
ID:	964361
    Sure is! Same school I went to as well. almost got the same ring myself, except with a Confederate flag instead of football side panel.

Oh, and with an update, I'm pretty sure I found the fellow on facebook. School and graduation year match up on the profile, so I sent a pm on there to confirm a bit, before I let him in on the good news. Can't wait to get the reply, best part is he also lives pretty close by to if I'm correct. This is actually a bit more exciting than the actual find itself!
    Last edited by White Akuma; Mar 22, 2014 at 07:13 PM.

us
    May 2012
    Dolly Sods, WV
    59 times
    (UPDATE)

Name:	E ring return.JPG 
Views:	72 
Size:	1.74 MB 
ID:	966394

Just got to return the ring, and boy did karma kick in good! It feels so great to do something like that. Pretty sure that's the happiest I've ever seen someone to meet me. You could just see the memories rolling around in his head as he held it. Turns out he lost it less than a year after he got it, and has always talked about it since. Turns out he hurt his back and wasn't able to play his senior year. Also turns out the C on it was for Captain his junior year as well. As a funny side note can't remember exactly who lost it. His wife was also his high school sweetheart and both had always jokingly blamed the other for losing it. Hehe, now the joke will be which one was with a "friend" at the park when it got lost.

I was also able to put forth the idea I'm always looking for new spots and got invited to some old Family land of theirs with some nice old houses, and if I'm correct pretty close to a site I haven't been able to get access to that had a Confederate supply wagon on the run tossing things off to get more speed. Sounds like a myth, but I remember a classmates social Studies fair project on the Civil War and all the stuff (Cannonballs, grapeshot, miniballs, the works!) that he and his dad had found MDing that trail through their land. Boy oh boy, it could be a good year! HH!
    g-olden years likes this.

Mar 2007
    Glen Burnie, Maryland
    Minelab Excalibur 1000
    4 times
    Awesome...

us
    steve andermatt

Apr 2013
    California
    AT GOLD/Garrett /Garrett pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger
    4336 times
    Awesome returning them is as fun as finding them great job.
    White Akuma likes this.
    back of the boat

us
    Nov 2010
    California
    Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
    945 times
    This is all totally wonderful! Congrats on finds & on return of the ring! Definitely you'll have a super year! Andi
    White Akuma likes this.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links