🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 4500,
Minelab Equinox 800,
Garrett AT GOLD with NEL coil,
Garrett Sea Hunter
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Last week all my hunting buddies were working or out of town so I went out for a couple hours. I decided to go to a very large camp that I have been hunting for quite some time. It is very heavily wooded and has an earthen fort on it as well. It was first used by the Confederates to guard a railroad bridge until the Yankees attacked and captured the bridge. The area then became a large Union winter camp. We have found over 300 bullets and 50 or 60 buttons (all GS eagles), best dug bayonet I have ever seen, 1838 dime, gun parts and many other great relics. Well last week I found a Gardner bullet in an area of the woods that I have never hunted. So today my buddies Sham, Bob and I decided to go back in there and see if we could find any more. Well Sham dug this beauty near where I found the Gardner. We also found more bullets and buttons but this completely overshadowed everything we found. I have never seen one of these rounded corners plate and was wondering if this was an earlier plate. I did manage to find a few things such as a General Service Staff button, three ringer, some brass, percussion cap, pocket knife, carved bullet made into game piece possibly checkers and a brass thingy still needing indentified.

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    101.1 KB · Views: 194
  • 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    140.3 KB · Views: 206
  • 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    113.6 KB · Views: 184
  • 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    106 KB · Views: 174
  • 010.JPG
    010.JPG
    140.6 KB · Views: 174
Last edited:
Upvote 10

flatbutton

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2013
Eastern N.C.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE, Tesoro Sand Shark,Nautilus DMC 1, Garrett Grand Master Hunter,Garrett Master Hunter 5 , Whites Coinmaster 5000/D
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can't believe I didn't see this post earlier! Not what I was expecting to see. any CS plate is a rare find to begin with, but an oddball is just icing on the cake. Hope I'ts high on the rarity scale! What the heck! was everyone on Tnet out to get get banner this past weekend :laughing7: Seriously, my vote is in. Congrats :occasion14: By the way, awesome video!

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions