2 hrs behind holiday inn on the beach during spring break

GuANu

Mar 11, 2007
Panama City Beach, FL
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, X-Terra 50
newbie here, only have had my ace250 for about 2 weeks now.. havent found much of anything, MAYBE a buck in clad and alot of trash up until today i decided to hit a popular spring break hangout behind holiday inn..

i live in panama city beach, and its full on spring break time for the next month.. so I figured the drunks are bound to lose change... so I headed out tonight at 9pm and hunted till 11pm.. best day with the metal detector so far..

12 quarters, 9 dimes, 3 nickels, 19 pennies, 22 ptabs, and about 6 beer cans.. (two side by side that the ace found approx 18 inches down!! :o

I'm thinking about switching to a minelab x-terra 50 instead of the ace tho.. to help with the wet sand areas i'd like to search sometime to try to find some jewelery.. anyone with suggestions feel free to let me know or sway my thought.. thanks!

definitely my best day with the ace =)

G

031407.jpg

Upvote 0

fd3615

Jan 25, 2007
California - Solano County
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Sunray X-1 Probe
keep it up... what an area to live...... after spring break you should be burried in clad.. and beer cans... keep our beaches clean!!

OP
OP
G

GuANu

Mar 11, 2007
Panama City Beach, FL
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, X-Terra 50
i throw away all cans and trash i find... gotta keep "The worlds most beautiful beaches" beautiful =)

G

Stormtrooper154

Bronze Member
Nov 27, 2006
Portland, OR
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE
$4 in clad for 2 hours on the beach is not bad, WTG. Now $4 in clad and a fatty gold ring would be better, however you have to keep digging the pull tab signals like you are doing...You will be rewarded soon enough!!

T

TreasureTales

What, no co-eds in the sand? Oh, guess it's not Aruba. hehehe

Yep, you did well for just two hours. Before you fork over the big bucks for a Minelab, why not get more practice in with the Ace250? Learn it well and maybe you won't need to change to the Minelab for awhile longer. The Garrett should be able to find the jewelry in the beach, but avoid the salt water with it.

OK, now I'm a pretty frugal guy so you might not pay any heed to my next suggestion, but here goes anyhow. While you're digging up the beer cans - why not save them until you get enought to sell to the local recycler? Consider it battery money. There is so much more to treasure hunting than coins and jewelry. Recycled cans aren't exciting, but they can help support your MDing habit - and that's a good thing!

Normally I don't watch Regis and Kelly, but I heard they were covering the spring break activities in Florida so I watched them this morning. I couldn't believe all the drunken college students that were jumping and swimming and rolling around. I'm thinking to myself that they have got to be losing a whole bunch of good stuff. Now I read that you are right in the middle of spring break country and I'm thinking HOW CAN YOU BE SO LUCKY? LOL Go get that bling!!!

musstag

Aug 10, 2006
GuANu, are they running the beach/sand sweeper/pickers early in the morning? and that why you are MD'ing at nite? I also say get used to the MD you have, it will find rings.

OP
OP
G

GuANu

Mar 11, 2007
Panama City Beach, FL
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, X-Terra 50
i hunt at night because i work all day =) and its just more comfortable for me because then all the crazies and drunks are off the beach and i can hunt when the beach is clear.. its more peaceful that way for me. locals dont like spring break, they are annoying, loud, and when you have to get up for work in the morning and they are yelling all night and cause traffic, it sucks..
and everyone talks about the girls.. well i'm spoken for, so it really doesnt bother me, and i can care less about drunk spring break girls.. especially since i havent drank in about 7 years now... just a personal choice..

G

Nashoba

Bronze Member
Sep 20, 2006
Washington and Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace250/Prospecter Bounty hunter(Backup)
If there are any areas with Chaise lounges make sure to hit around them. I know of a lot of rings that come from those areas in particular if you cannot get into the water. That is the one downfall about the Ace250 and beaches. It HATES saltwater! MY next detector will be able to cruise right into the surf. That I guarantee.

Great job finding that much clad in a couple of hours with the trusty Ace though.
Happy hunting
~Nash~

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Nice finds,

They all take alot of time to master. The ace is a great beginner unit. I'd stick with it for a season and upgrade next yr.

HH Jer

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions