Starting to find some interesting stuff! My first ring (I think)

slippy

Mar 28, 2014
Colorado
Detector(s) used
BH Discovery 3300
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been scanning a property that dates back 100 years, and yesterday was my best day yet.

(also if anyone can ID any of these things I'd be grateful, I haven't been able to)

I got started yesterday around 1:00. Went out to the front by a large tree and started scanning. Got an immediate hit, so I took out a plug, and out of it popped this piece

ringclose.png

I think it's a ring? My father seems to think that it's a part of a machine of some sort. The blackish-band spins loosely around the entire ring (but does not come off) and there's a clear '7' marked inside, but nothing else of note.

A little while after I dug this ring, I was over by another tree and my detector started screaming out. I pinpointed the area and noted it was going stronger than I'd heard it before. I dug out another plug, but this time the metal was still in the ground. I looked around in the dirt for about 2 seconds before I saw not one, but two pennies! I quickly looked at one and noticed it was a wheat penny! Oh the delight, to know you're holding a wheat penny and the one you just found right next to it could also be a wheaty! Sure enough, I look very quick and notice the back has those lovely ears. But then my eye catches another penny in the dirt! What Luck!

3wheats.png

Turned out to be a 1910, 1928 D and a 1944 D! All sitting on top of each other.

stone.png

Later on in the day I also found this piece, my father thinks it's a sinker for a fishing line, I really have no idea (the stone seems to have some carvings? And the hole where the metal loop is coming out goes all the way through from top to bottom).

And then here's a couple of finds from the other day. I think the flower thing might be silver and it looks like at one time it had some kind of gem in it. I don't know what size or type those bullets are but I'm finding a lot of them. There's a U on the bottom of them. If anyone has any idea on any of these things I'd love to hear it.

flowerthing1.png flowerthing2.png

bullets.png

Upvote 4

frostdigger

Jan 1, 2013
Col. Falls, Montana
Detector(s) used
Garrett 1350, Garrett AT pro, Garrett AT gold, Garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice wheat penny's. I would say it is a ring and the fishing weight is a bell sinker. I find the 22 shell casing pretty much everywhere I go. I would keep searching that area there's bound to be a silver coin just itching to see day light again.

OP
OP
S

slippy

Mar 28, 2014
Colorado
Detector(s) used
BH Discovery 3300
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks! I Didn't know those were .22's either, I just noticed they were really small. I'm definitely going to keep checking the area, I'm planning on doing more this afternoon

OP
OP
S

slippy

Mar 28, 2014
Colorado
Detector(s) used
BH Discovery 3300
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I got back out there today. Found another wheat penny, not sure of the date yet as the front is pretty nasty looking and the date isn't fully legible but it looks like '49. Also found my first indian head, which was pretty exciting.

indian_wheaty.png

Date is 1906, which makes it my oldest coin found yet :). Can't wait to get back out there tomorrow! Thanks for all the positivity :D

Last edited:

justdon

Bronze Member
Aug 6, 2013
Florida
Detector(s) used
Teknetics delta4000/Tesoro compadre/Garrett ace 250/Garrett propointer/Garrett at pro/Tesoro silver umax
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
All great finds.Love ih pennies.Still dying to find one.Congrats.HH

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
WTG on the Mood Ring!!! HH Chug Drooling over the Indian Head:occasion14:

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

gman7665

Mar 1, 2013
Campville New York
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree a Mood Ring , We had 3 Posts w/ the same Ring One was size 8 and mine was just blank on the inside . IDK what the last one had ? thinking it was also a size 7 ... But We all found them in the Northeast area and had also found a Token the same day... Weird Stuff...:skullflag: I'll look for that post and put a link in this one...
http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/today-s-finds/397664-ring-material.html

Last edited:

g-olden years

Silver Member
Nov 10, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Congrats on wonderful variety! :hello2: :blob9: :hello2: After 3 years, still haven't dug my first Indian head. I've dug a modern "spinner ring" that looks much like yours, but maybe your dad is right anyhow. Have fun & keep us posted on your next finds from that super site. :icon_thumright: :cat:Andi

voodoo

Nov 10, 2013
calgary
Detector(s) used
AT Gold, Pro pointer AT, Lesche digger, Garrett digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
great pennies, ring or bearing meh awesome hunt. Always good to get out. Cheers! (I would say ring)

voodoo

Nov 10, 2013
calgary
Detector(s) used
AT Gold, Pro pointer AT, Lesche digger, Garrett digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
images (1).jpg MR5203.jpg just a sample of the 'spinning' ring. There are a bazillion models.

OP
OP
S

slippy

Mar 28, 2014
Colorado
Detector(s) used
BH Discovery 3300
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree a Mood Ring , We had 3 Posts w/ the same Ring One was size 8 and mine was just blank on the inside . IDK what the last one had ? thinking it was also a size 7 ... But We all found them in the Northeast area and had also found a Token the same day... Weird Stuff...:skullflag: I'll look for that post and put a link in this one...
http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/today-s-finds/397664-ring-material.html

Ah, thanks for information and link. The pictures in that thread look exactly like mine. Looks like that one's solved.

View attachment 972717 View attachment 972718 just a sample of the 'spinning' ring. There are a bazillion models.

Interesting. Thanks for the pictures! I'd never seen rings like that before, I don't know a whole lot about jewelry (yet).

Welp, it may not be the best looking and it's probably junk jewelry, but I will treasure it as my first ring :D

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hey slippy I've never found a ring or an Indian head penny so don't poo poo it! Nice finds!

OP
OP
S

slippy

Mar 28, 2014
Colorado
Detector(s) used
BH Discovery 3300
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, you're right CoilyGirl. I do feel quite lucky with what I've been digging these past couple days. I was out digging for a good 3-4 hours today and have a couple more interesting finds to show you guys and gals. (sorry for poor lighting in pics)

I ventured out around 1:30 today. First place I go to is where I found that pile of wheat pennies, and I get a good signal in a plug I had dug out previously right next to the wheat penny hole. I pull the plug out and search through that clump of dirt for a good 10 minutes before finding nothing and giving up. That's the third time that hole has done that to me! I pull the plug out and my detector suddenly can't find anything, don't know what's up with that. Anyway... the very first new hole that I dig up, out pops this

friendring2.png friendring1.png

That's the second time in 3 days that the first hole I dug a ring pops out! Couldn't believe my luck. The ring seems to be nothing too spectacular, though as I said I don't know much about jewelry. As you can see in the picture it says "FRIENDS" on one side.

After that I had a good couple hours of finding nada, before I venture over to a dirt clearing near the front deck of the house. After about 20 minutes, to my surprise and (initial) confusion, I pull out this 1989 10 Franc coin

10f_front.png 10f_back.png

Pretty cool find, and definitely unexpected. Went to research what it was and eat dinner after I found it. After I had a full belly, and despite the closing in darkness and beginning rainstorm, I took my chances and went out to see if I could squeeze a little more luck out, and I'm very glad I did!

goldring1.png goldring2.png

goldring3.png

Two rings today, my third in 3 days! I think this one is 18k gold, as my father tested it with a kit he has. It looks like it might've had gems in it at one point, and I swear I've seen those symbols in that fashion before (If you look at the first picture, you can see that one of the "S" loops is more exaggerated than the other "S"'s) -- I'd love to know more about it if anyone has any ideas.

Also sorry to bump my own thread again, I'm not really sure on the etiquette around here; I thought it would be better than starting a new thread. I wasn't even sure if I'd post my finds as most of the things in the todays finds section are so spectacular in comparison.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread