knights of ku klux klan token

woody_g

Mar 5, 2006
SPRINGTOWN TX
Detector(s) used
GARRETT GTA 1000
went out hunting with a buddy of mine and he found this token.he's not a member of tnet so I asked him if I could post a picture of it on here.i know a lot of people myself included do not care for the klan.this was just an interesting piece of Ft worth history that I believe worthy of posting.as it says on the token the klan hall was bombed on Nov. 6 1924.these tokens were sold to raise funds to rebuild the hall.i hope this token does not offend anyone but believe it was a part of local history.this building still stands in Ft Worth today.
20140329_180445-1.jpg 20140329_180432-1.jpg

Upvote 15
L

l2hunt

interesting token, it's a piece of history that you dug up, we all like finding history. HH

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Unique piece of history, too bad it not a clue to treasure!

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If were not reminded of this terrible history it could be repeated in some form some day! Thanks for sharing with us. All history good and bad has a lesson to teach us all

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I know a dude who collects klan tokens, shocking the prices of those pieces.

dig kzoo

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2013
Kalamazoo co. MI
Detector(s) used
1 Minelab CTX3030, 2 Garrett AT Gold, Garrett ACE 350, 2 Bounty Hunter tracker IV,BH Junior, 2 Garrett pro pointers
a family adventure!!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Interesting piece of history, Cool find none the less... but a sad part of our past and present.

OP
OP
woody_g

woody_g

Mar 5, 2006
SPRINGTOWN TX
Detector(s) used
GARRETT GTA 1000
always interesting what you dig up while detecting.i learn things every day by researching pieces that I find and others finds on the forum.

diggerbutt

Dec 31, 2013
El Paso
Detector(s) used
AT Pro-Garrett Pro-pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Unique find, and it is a part of US History. An unfortunate part, but it is history. Great find!

OP
OP
woody_g

woody_g

Mar 5, 2006
SPRINGTOWN TX
Detector(s) used
GARRETT GTA 1000
the crazy thing is we drove by that building that morning and were talking about finding something klan related.as i had never seen many klan related items before.always cool to find a piece of local history.

markp

Dec 3, 2013
Peytona,WV
Detector(s) used
White dfx, and Garrett at pro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
History is history, good or bad, that's how we learn from our mistakes.

justdon

Bronze Member
Aug 6, 2013
Florida
Detector(s) used
Teknetics delta4000/Tesoro compadre/Garrett ace 250/Garrett propointer/Garrett at pro/Tesoro silver umax
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
No matter what they stood for.And i can say i hate them dearly.It is still a part of history.Thought i would never say this but it is a good find.

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tokens are very cool finds, always something different with them. I like how yours has a date on it also, interesting find.

YumaMarc

Dec 12, 2004
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Minelab Quattro
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I think it's a wonderful find and a phenomenal piece of history! I'd love to find one just like it! Congrats! :occasion14:

detroitdigger

Bronze Member
Sep 26, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett gtax 1000,Garrett ace 250, Technetics delta
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Interesting find.

FFARL

Apr 22, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice find. Getting offended by history is worth about as much as... well, lets just say it's about the least productive thing I can think of.

FreeBirdTim

Silver Member
Sep 24, 2013
Scituate, RI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You found a 90 year old relic. Nothing wrong with showing it off. I'm sure it's a rare item.

Now if you really want to see an offensive token, check this one out. It's offensive on so many levels!

DSC02686.JPG

P.S. It was really toasted, so I painted it with Rustoleum brass paint to preserve it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread