Silver Member
Jan 4, 2014
Newton, NC
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The first find I'm proud enough to post

I am pretty much a neophyte when it comes to metal detecting. Started in January of this year. I joined this site at that time and since then have been living vicariously though all of you and your wonderful finds. Thus far I have a big jug of clad coins, four silver dimes, one silver quarter, and two totes of trash I've accumulated.

Well finally I found something I feel proud enough to share here. I found this at a local park in the grass near the bathrooms. I had been there about 2 1/2 hours digging pull tab after pull tab. I was just about, but not quite to the point of not digging any more of them that day. I'm glad I dug that one. My V3i showed the target at 3" deep with a VDI of 37 so I was pretty sure it was another pull tab. This is what I found. I know very little about jewelry but it is marked 10k inside. I think it is some sort of baseball ring with the design of a baseball diamond on the front. I'm probably wrong, but that is exactly why I'm listing it here. I know someone will know for sure what it is. ring.jpg Hope I did the photo insertion correctly. Thanks and happy hunting.

Upvote 24

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Congrat on the find. Love those NC treasures. It is a ring from a masonic order...... you know, the Freemasons. HH and GL!

Tim-MXT

Mar 9, 2014
Beaverton/Hillsboro Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's MXT, White's V3I, White's TRX Pinpointer, Grey Ghost Ultimate headphones
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm glad I dug that one. My V3i showed the target at 3" deep with a VDI of 37 so I was pretty sure it was another pull tab.

I have an MXT and found a gold ring yesterday that came up 37. I too almost passed it up thinking it was another pull tab. I will not pass on a 37 again.

OP
OP
beez0404

beez0404

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2014
Newton, NC
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Okay, now I feel pretty dumb.... A baseball diamond...LOL I knew ya'll would know what it really was. Thank you guys!

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't feel stupid! Feel great about that ring. The Masons and their history is really incredible. Their architecture and symbolism is just incredible. Anything to do with the Masons is AWESOME in my book . Great find

terpfan

Bronze Member
Oct 31, 2007
Maryland/ NC
Detector(s) used
White's Matrix M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations on your first big find! Thanks for sharing it with this community. There is a lot more good stuff out there just waiting for you, don't be afraid to post it.

GioTheGreek

Bronze Member
Sep 12, 2009
Hades
Detector(s) used
XP DÉUS, Minelab E-TRAC, Pro-Pointer, Hawk-like Vision, Receding Hairline
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
G for Geometry!

Very nice Masonic ring. :)

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome find, Gold and a great organization with strong history in our country. Congrats!

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You have made a great find and deserve to be proud to post it. Awesome ring!

WhoDey

Mar 23, 2014
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Whites MX5
Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
SWEET find! Still waiting on my first ring. HH

Man o' War

Mar 15, 2014
N.E. Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Omega 8000
Primary Interest:
Other
Fantastic. It's good to hear that you worked for it. I just saw "seeded hunt" pics on here. Since this place is under so much censorship ill just keep my thoughts to myself. Except "great find"

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great find, congrats! Your first gold ring and a nice one!

DDancer

Bronze Member
Mar 25, 2014
Traveling US to work
Detector(s) used
Current Equinox 600
Past Whites DFX Garret GTI 2500 and others
Prospecting Minelab GPZ 7000
Past SD 2100 GP 3000 (retired)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:thumbsup: Definitely a good first to pick. I hope to strike a masonic ring one day myself.
Keep swing'n

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread