Couple Wheats/Clad/Interesting Screwdriver

Jarl

Jul 28, 2012
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CURRENT: E-Trac

FORMER:Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Garrett AT Pro & Garrett Pinpointer Pro Garrett GTAx 1000, Ace 250

HAVE USED: Teknetics & Bounty Hunters

WANT TO TRY: Tesoro and White's someday
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello all,

I know this is the 'Today's Finds' forum, but I have been swamped with domestic priorities in life...grrr..so I am just now getting to post my finds from last Saturday, the 12th. I wanted to go out Sunday but it rained ALLLLLLLL DAYYYYYY and then some. So, i prepped my house for a showing the next day...yep, moving out. Life is a cluster now...I just hate being overly busy and grinding away at a constant clip...that can't be stopped.

Enough personal woes. Among my finds, nothing great, still no silvers yet for this year. Been finding wheats though, which is nice. Next to the sinker is a pellet and a BB. Those were somewhat elusive little targets. Coat button, clad etc etc.

My most interesting find was the little screw driver with the whiskey bottle handle. At first I thought I was pulling up another nail, about 8 inches down, working it loose from the side of the hole. When it came loose I at first assumed it was something junky, then, on further investigation I realized what it was. Looked it up and found several of these on Ebay, so, not particularly rare but a really cool find in my opinion. The back of the bottle had a stick on label I think that has since dissolved away. It's in rough shape but good enough.

In case you can't read some of the inscription, it says:

Blended Whiskey 86 Proof
77% Grain Neutral Spirits
Carstair's Distilling Co.
Baltimore, MD.
Louisville, KY.

I hope to be able to hunt Sat and Sun...forecast says rain. I need to pull up some silver soon.

Thanks for looking.

Attachments

• IMG_3312.JPG
    IMG_3312.JPG
    663.3 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_3313.JPG
    IMG_3313.JPG
    547.9 KB · Views: 70
Upvote 2

park pirate

Gold Member
May 16, 2013
City of Rensselaer (upstate NY)
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800-Explorer SE -Sovereign-GT- -Whites 6000 Di pro SL-Specturm XLT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Like that bottle JARL, that is funny with that screw driver sticking out of it...:laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread