Gold Ring 14k, 1945 War Nickel, Vintage 10K RGP Ring and other Rings.

Ant

Silver Member
Aug 6, 2006
Cali
Detector(s) used
Glold Bug 2 MineLab SE
Well, I told myself that I wasn’t going to post my regular finds anymore. That’s because some people want me to make a diligent effort to find the owners of treasures that I Find. And when I tell them that I only want stay legal and follow the Laws, some dips called me a scumbag. Anyway, that’s enough of that.

I wanted to show Mike, and anyone else wants to see this Ring I found last weekend, and how it looked when it came out of the ground. This happens to be a 1/40 10K RGP (Roll Gold Plate) Kiddiegem Vintage Ring (1/40 means that the gold contend on this ring is 1/40th the weight of the base metal).

This ring has been in the ground for at least 40 to 70 years. Rings that are marked RGP are rings that the gold has been mechanically bonded over a base metal, usually copper or brass. The reason that some of the gold is missing in spots on this ring? This is because copper crystals have grown on the base metal under the gold covering, which pushed the gold covering off.

I conducted three hunts last weekend and these are my finds. One of the spots that I hunted was my secrete spot, and the other two where at playgrounds. I did quite well on rings. The 14k band was the best find, I also like the cool inlayed ring. It has three marks and I can’t make heads or tails of them. At the two playgrounds I found about $6 in clad and recently dropped wheat. I even found a Sac dollar. The 1945 war nickel came from my secrete spot.

HH

PS
It only took three, 1 hour household ammonia soaks to get the 10k RGP ring in the condition it’s in now, no scrubbing.

Attachments

• Ring Kiddiegem 10k RGP Hole.JPG
    Ring Kiddiegem 10k RGP Hole.JPG
    118.1 KB · Views: 1,096
  • Ring Playground Friends Inlay.JPG
    Ring Playground Friends Inlay.JPG
    46.2 KB · Views: 1,049
  • Ring Playground Friends Finds and Trash.JPG
    Ring Playground Friends Finds and Trash.JPG
    69.7 KB · Views: 1,010
  • Ring 14k Band Playground Keepers and Trash.JPG
    Ring 14k Band Playground Keepers and Trash.JPG
    69.3 KB · Views: 1,002
  • Ring 14k Band Playground Mark.JPG
    Ring 14k Band Playground Mark.JPG
    73.8 KB · Views: 4,034
  • Ring 14k Band Playground.JPG
    Ring 14k Band Playground.JPG
    79.4 KB · Views: 1,081
  • Ring Kiddiegem 10k RGP Cleaned.JPG
    Ring Kiddiegem 10k RGP Cleaned.JPG
    71.3 KB · Views: 1,390
  • Ring Kiddiegem 10k RGP Dirty.JPG
    Ring Kiddiegem 10k RGP Dirty.JPG
    27 KB · Views: 1,598
  • Ring Kiddiegem 10k RGP Mark.JPG
    Ring Kiddiegem 10k RGP Mark.JPG
    55.4 KB · Views: 1,601
  • Ring Kiddiegem 10k RGP Hunt Finds.JPG
    Ring Kiddiegem 10k RGP Hunt Finds.JPG
    96.7 KB · Views: 2,804
  • Ring Kiddiegem 10k RGP.JPG
    Ring Kiddiegem 10k RGP.JPG
    40.9 KB · Views: 1,235
Upvote 0

mumszie

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2005
Spring Hill, Florida
Don't stop posting. We like to see the things you find and you can't please everyone. I've read posts where someone finds a ring and spends a LOT of time tracking down the owner and to return the ring only to recieve nothing for their trouble. I am not talking about a monetary reward but not even a thanks or howdy do! Personally, if I feel like putting the extra work (and it does take work) in to tracking down the owner I'll do it otherwise.... finders keepers. I repeat... don't stop posting. :)

waldopeppa

Jan 16, 2005
I dropped a bunch of gold rings that look exactly like those. Can I have them back please?

just kidding, nice stuff!

stevesno

Feb 27, 2006
Deep in the Ozark Mountains
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ3D, Whites TM 808, Sharptronics DSP-03
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for sharing. Don't let a few spoil the enthusiasm that you have for the hobby...Steve

Functional

Feb 16, 2007
Okanagan Valley, British Columbia, Canada
Detector(s) used
A Compass Magnum 420 recently brought back to life. And an untested "in the wild" Teknetics.
People like you, (gold ring magnets ;D ), are why I posted the information about identifying what you have here:
http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,76322.0.html
Its mostly about gold, silver and platinum identification, information and sources for the materials needed.

Theres even a link in there relating to hallmarks that might help with that inlayed ring with the three marks.

Hope it helps. (Nice haul by the way.)

F.

Trash Digger

Dec 15, 2006
Eastern North Carolina
Detector(s) used
White's DFX
Ant said:
Well, I told myself that I wasn’t going to post my regular finds anymore. That’s because some people want me to make a diligent effort to find the owners of treasures that I Find. And when I tell them that I only want stay legal and follow the Laws, some dips called me a scumbag. Anyway, that’s enough of that.

Tell 'em to bite one of the pulltabs you dug up. I'm sure you can make a reasonable judgement as to whether or not an item you find justifies hunting down the original owner. That is your call, no one elses. Like Jim-Mi said, finders keepers, losers weepers.

Keep posting your finds here on Tnet. There's a lot of good folks here that enjoy seeing other people's finds.

Mike

OP
OP
Ant

Ant

Silver Member
Aug 6, 2006
Cali
Detector(s) used
Glold Bug 2 MineLab SE
You’ve all have made me feel very good and happy to be part of this community. Thanks for the nice comments, they really made me feel good. You are all so nice. I’ll keep posting my regular finds as well as my specials. Thanks again everyone.

By ocalasix
nice finds!! was that a real diamond in the old ring?.....gregg

Hi ocalasix, thanks.
I think the gemstone is a glass rhinestone, costume or what we call fake. Whatever it is, it’s nothing to brag about.

HH

By Ridely
“Does the wedding band fit your finger? I found one just like that. I wear it for good luck.

Nice digs!

Ridley”

Hi Ridley, and thanks.
It fits on my left pinky, but its much too small, see? My glove size is between large and x-large. Not catchers gloves by any means, but not small either.

HH

Attachments

• Pinky FInger Ring Not.JPG
    Pinky FInger Ring Not.JPG
    53.2 KB · Views: 320

birdy1976

Mar 3, 2007
Russell Springs,KY
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 PRO
DagNabbit, give me my daggum wedding ring back and give my kid his skeleton ring back right this instant!!!!! Oh yeah and by the way I lost about six bucks in change right there where you found that stuff to, don't you know.....

P.S.
Where was it you found my stuff again????

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Great finds man.

birdy1976

Salvager

Sep 4, 2006
Queensland, Australia
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov. Elite / Explorer II
Awesome finds there! Looks like you've been doing GREAT in the ring department!

Hope they keep coming all year!

Have fun,
Salvager

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread