3/22 trading post finds.

Colorado Kidd

Feb 19, 2007
Southern Colorado
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign XS-2a pro, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Ace 250
Well got to hunt about 1 1/2 hrs today. Still no coins but everything so far has been old.
More old shell casings, some buttons, and another gilded pin of some kind. I surched around another stone foundation that I thought was an outbuilding but It might have been a house as I found a silver thimble in front. It was crushed unfortunately. Still neat. I was using the Sovereign and just going slow with the disc down all the way. Sorry I don't have anything better to post from such an old site but I just know there are coins there and I have barely scratched the site. Hopefully soon I'll have some Indian heads at least. Its still fun and interesting to see what will show up next. At least there are no pull tabs and can slaw. Here are a couple of pics.

Here are some bullets, shells, and odds and ends. The rectangular thing looks like part of a music box, but I don't know what it is.
322junk.jpg

Here are the buttons and the pin thing. One says Buffalo Brand and the other says Underhill brand. The pin or chevron thing still has some gilding left on it.
322good.jpg
This appears to be a lead bottle cap. That's all I could think of for an I.D.
leadcap.jpg

I hope you all had better luck than me. I'll keep plugging away. Happy hunting.

Upvote 0
D

dugupfinds

Colorado Kidd said:
The rectangular thing looks like part of a music box, but I don't know what it is.

This appears to be a lead bottle cap. That's all I could think of for an I.D.

The rectangular thing is part of a harmonica.

The lead cap is similar to one's used over here (UK) in the 17th century. They went on the top of the black powder flasks & some were used as powder measures for the muskets. Yours looks like a 19th century version of the described??

OP
OP
C

Colorado Kidd

Feb 19, 2007
Southern Colorado
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign XS-2a pro, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Ace 250
Hey Dugfinds, thanks for the info. Harmonica....Hmm. I hadn't thought of that. I might just see if I can straighten that powder cap out. I am going to make a nice little framed display for the owner since he was nice enough to let me onto the property and he is really into the history of his land. I have mostly been a coin hunter but finding these relics is more fun than I thought it would be. It will be fun to research and find out what all this stuff is. Thanks for taking the time to respond.

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Neat finds, Kidd!

:)

Top Member Reactions