OMG!!! I found A Freaking PEACE DOLLAR!!!

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First off, let me start by saying, im still sorta freaking out about it.

I honeslty NEVER expected to find one of these, which I sorta accepted , Because I could never understand how someone could actually lose this and not notice it.

Anyway….Meet up with Jcobb on Sat, it was another hot and humid day.

We decided that we were gonna try and get some Gold from this old ball filed. Either of us had found Gold this year, So we tried to stay focused on digging those targets.

It was wild, not 5 minutes had gone by, and my SECOND Target was a 10k little Gold Pendant! I couldn’t believe it,

So I was off wondering around, pretty much cherry picking because I figured, “Hell, I got some gold” lol

I was making my way across the park to get a drink, when I got pretty much my first high tone.

It was reading 94-95. I remember thinking “ Yay, Another Soda Can bottom”

I was digging around and totally mis pinpointed it, I ended up digging a hole on each side of it, which made me think…TRASH!!

So then my dumbarse just starts plucking away trying to get it out…then I suddenly saw the rim of it

At this point, I thought it was a token or something, until I saw that eagle on the back.

I SERIOULSY felt like I was about to get sick, I ran (at full speed) to my hunting buddy to show him, I was shaking and out of breathe, still feeling sick.

I handed it to him, and he thought it was a pocket watch..lol

I never knew how I would felt IF I were to find one of these, but my feelings went from , feeling sick to my stomach, to having the worst headache of my life..lol

My brain was in Overload!!!!!...and still is

Anyway,

It turned out to be a 1922 Peace Dollar, with words scratched on it. I think it say on the backside “ To JR..Love” and the Front looks like it has “Larry” scratched on it.

Either way, I will take that sucker in a heartbeat. I did hit it with the digger a bit, but really could careless..lol

This is a word to you ALL…DIG THOSE BS TONES!!!.

I seriously have passed tones like this in the past thinking “ Yea right”

THESE ARE OUT THERE!!!!!!

Attachments

• CAM01294.jpg
    CAM01294.jpg
    442.5 KB · Views: 355
  • CAM01295.jpg
    CAM01295.jpg
    621.4 KB · Views: 396
  • CAM01292.jpg
    CAM01292.jpg
    429.3 KB · Views: 378
  • CAM01308.jpg
    CAM01308.jpg
    482.1 KB · Views: 463
  • CAM01307.jpg
    CAM01307.jpg
    482.6 KB · Views: 461
  • CAM01302.jpg
    CAM01302.jpg
    456.9 KB · Views: 355
Upvote 40

VERDE

Bronze Member
Jun 6, 2013
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey DND!! CONGRATS!! YOU ARE THE MAN!! Really Nice FINDS!! GOOD LUCK and GOOD HUNTING!! VERDE!!

Threshold

Mar 3, 2012
Riverside, CA
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garret Pin Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Silver and gold?! Damn good day pal!

g-olden years

Silver Member
Nov 10, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Gorgeous finds! :occasion18::blob9::occasion18: Cleaned up beautifully too. Yep, folks, those Peace dollars are out there! I detect slowly & wander slowly about eyeballing fields when not detecting. One morning I arrived early without detector at my son & my fave city field. Wandered about over areas we'd already detected. There was my silver peace dollar lying flat on the surface covered with thin coating of dried dirt that literally caused it to look like a discarded old poker chip. Nearly passed it by! Instead, leaned over a bit closer, saw the rays extending out from her head, knew exactly what I'd found and burst into tears. When my son showed up with our detector, I asked him to close his eyes & hold out his hand. Nice surprise. My silver Peace Dollar was my first silver coin so I'm ruined for life. These lovely symbols were made for only 8 years and from what I've read, people in western USA liked to carry them around, but people in eastern USA resented their weight - ha! ha! ha! So harder to them in eastern states. All yall have fun today! Andi:cat:

Cool Hand Fluke

Bronze Member
Nov 28, 2006
In the Heart of Wine Country in Northern Californi
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ6, CZ5, Coinstrike, Fisher CZ20, Fisher 1235X, Tesoro Conquistador, Whites Surfmaster P.I. ,
, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great story to go with a great find! A Peace Dollar is a pretty significant find. Morgans are much more common when a silver dollar is dug. Way to go!

blugotti1

Bronze Member
Jan 19, 2009
GA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
very nice!!

Lefty

Sep 13, 2013
Orange County, CA
Detector(s) used
AT PRO, ACE 350, Bounty Hunter Quick Silver
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice. The only peace dollars I have I bought at the coin store.

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Holy crap! Awesome story and even better finds, I bet that tone blew your ears off! Congratufreakinlations!!!!!

nor kal kid

Feb 19, 2014
northern kalifornia, Bay area
Detector(s) used
XLT, Mxt all pro, garrett pp.coils 10"DD, 950, 12"spyder.for mxt all pro. Coils for xlt 950 and 15" magnum force field "depth plus"mxt max coil.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the beautiful coin and gold.

xr7ator

Gold Member
Sep 2, 2011
Denver, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Gold, ATX, MH7 (oldie!) Minelab Explorer SE Pro, EQ800
Congrats to you and one fine day out loving the hobby! The gold pendant is NICE!
You are now a member of the silver dollar club. Many, many wish they were and I as well until Aug 2011 when I got my 1887o morgan. (she's ugly but she's a silver dollar!)
I see you swing the at pro. I would like you to set that big hunk of silver on the ground with an aluminum can bottom a foot or two away. (If you have an Ike dollar, go ahead and set three objects out) When you swing over the aluminum, the target is wide...much wider than a coin. Now swing over the dollar again and you'll see that it hits like a coin sized object, not a larger item like the can top does. To further embellish on the idea, go over the objects with the pinpoint button pushed and, again, you'll see that the aluminum is a big, large, wide target compared to your dollar, yet they are almost exactly the same size. If you can find a can top to like a redbull can, they are smaller in diam than the dollar and the rule still applies.
Hope this helps and I also hope you get a morgan before I get a Peace or my first gold religuous pendant! (kinda)
HH ALL

RelicMedic

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2013
Canada
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab pro find 35

Minelab Equinox 600

Minelab Excalibur II

Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Holy crap what a day! That's one heck of a find, and the gold, icing on the cake!!!

ross190

Nov 14, 2013
MA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Very cool dollar. Congrats.

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great day, wow !! ??? These are the coins people should invest in BU Peace Dollars for melt are bound to go up. :thumbsup: Rarely minted with strange modifications like Trvst. :icon_scratch: A great investor coin, awesome job great finds !! :thumbsup:

Keep @ it and HH !! :hello2:

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
Congrats on the Peace Dollar but please have a beer and calm down! We wouldn't want you to have a heart attack just for a big hunk of Silver. I bet a big Morgan Silver Dollar will soon come to stay with you. Take care!

Frank

beez0404

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2014
Newton, NC
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
A Peace Dollar and gold pendant in the same day? Now that's what I'm talkin about! Way to go.

swolfe

Jul 8, 2012
Rockford Illinois
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Beep and Dig Harbor Freight 9 function detector.
Whites Coinmaster DB/4
Whites Coinmaster Pro
Tesoro Vaquero
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
No freakin' way! Awesome find :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread