Spectacular daye on a VERY old eastern shore site- gw digger’s detecting Partner
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Aug 2006
    Delaware / Maryland Eastern Shore
    Whites, DFX
    25 times

Spectacular daye on a VERY old eastern shore site- gw digger’s detecting Partner

Hi all. This is my very first post. I felt that it was time to start adding some of my finds from this wonderful place we call the Eastern Shore! This post is the counter part to gw diggers "And we had a Spectacular daye on a VERY old eastern shore site". I am GW's detecting partner and have been so for about 10 years. We have come across some incredible sites through the years but I must admit that this one takes the cake! When it comes to Spanish Silver, we normally are lucky to find one piece! Most of the time it is in the form of a cut coin also known as a Piece of the Pie and ranges from mid to late 18th century. On this particular day we stumbled on to a doozie! It was no doubt a mid to late 17th century Home site and Holy Cow did it ever produce! Before finding it, we were all very tired and super hot from a log trek through some vast fields that seemed to go on forever. We were all able to recover about a half dozen buttons and various relics but could not find a Hot spot to indicate the location of a site. We started talking about leaving when we noticed another field that was hidden by a thin row of woods. All of us agreed that we should at least walk it and see if there was evidence of a site. After covering about 90% of it, we were not impressed. I suggested on taking a short cut to the truck which would take us over the remaining 10% of the field. It was at that point when we started finding vast amounts of surface indicators such as brick, shell and pottery with occasional pipe stems! Finally! We had found what we were looking for! A huge "Christmas Morning" Rush came over us and we made a fast dash to get our detectors. The site turned out to be straight out of a dream! I was the lucky one at first from digging an incredible (2) 1600's Spanish 1 Reale cobs and a 1600's Sixpence, back to back! Then shouts rang out from all of us! All in all, gw had found an incredible 1681 1 reale cob and a William III copper, our friend had two 1600's coppers and I had found two 1 Reale cobs, one double dated 1664 and one Mexico, a 1696 dated Sixpence and a 1720 half penny. All of us had so many relics in our pockets it felt like our pants would fall down! The pictures I have added here are some of my finds from that site. I will also be posting some of my best finds from the years in the Best Finds Category some time this weekend. Needless to say, we can’t wait to get back to this site! I am sure there is much to find lying hidden in that Very Old Eastern Shore Site!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CIMG4959.JPG 
Views:	585 
Size:	166.1 KB 
ID:	123844   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CIMG4961.JPG 
Views:	593 
Size:	176.7 KB 
ID:	123845   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CIMG4967.JPG 
Views:	597 
Size:	166.2 KB 
ID:	123846   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CIMG4965.JPG 
Views:	592 
Size:	167.1 KB 
ID:	123847  
    "When you make a really GOOD find, Your Eyes and Mind go to mush and all you can see is Latin"  (Oh My Gosh.... It's Latin)...LOL......Happy Hunting!!

us
    Dec 2006
    Ocean City, Md
    XP Deus
    1775 times
    Relic Hunting
    Banner Finds (2)

Re: Spectacular daye on a VERY old eastern shore site- gw digger’s detecting Partner

Book em' Danno! I'll take 50!

Congrats on your 1st post...Well done and great pics. Tuesday is supposed to be nice and 72 degrees. I will contact Jim and we will head to this old site once more. I will bring a small loop!

HH, Gary

us
    The King of Trash

Jan 2007
    West Virginia, USA
    Minelab Xterra 70 ,Bounty Hunter Landstar, Garrett ACE 400
    147 times
    Metal Detecting

Re: Spectacular daye on a VERY old eastern shore site- gw digger’s detecting Partner

nice finds ! congrats

Jan 2004
    North Carolina
    White's Classic SLII and the E series DFX and the Minelab ExplorerII
    11 times

Re: Spectacular daye on a VERY old eastern shore site- gw digger’s detecting Par

Very impressive!

I'm looking forward to seeing what else you guys find there!

Ridley

us
    Feb 2005
    Bavaria Germany
    Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
    172 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Re: Spectacular daye on a VERY old eastern shore site- gw digger’s detecting Par

Awesome first post and welcome to TNet! Those finds are just great. Congrats and HH, Mike

ca
    Feb 2007
    Nova Scotia Canada
    Garret AT Gold, Whites XLT,Tesoro Stingray ll,Whites Surfmaster ll
    66 times

Cant wait to see the rest of your finds.I am very excited and I`am not even going,you must be about to wet your pants

us
    Oct 2006
    Wartburg, Tennessee, U.S.A.
    Garrett Ace 250, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro
    131 times
    Honorable Mentions (2)

All I can say is WOW!!!
    Disclaimer: The views or opinions of this patient are not necessarily the same as those held by the owners or staff of this facility.
    He sometimes escapes his padded cell. If this patient is contacting you against your wishes please tell him to discontinue immediately.
    Signed, Dr. Ima Quack

Feb 2006
    2 times

THAT is a site to hunt and hunt and hunt and... Congrats!!
    I know it's here somewhere!!

us
    Fabricator/Welder

Mar 2005
    Mansfield,Ohio
    Numerous

Where did you say this place was? Yea Right! Ruck

Dec 2006
    Eastern North Carolina
    White's DFX
    20 times

You guys have found the mother lode. Early colonial site, evidently unhunted, how much better does it get? I think I'd take a tent and camp out on that place.

Mike

Congrats on your field of dreams day, and seeing those oldies can bring tears to my eyes

I like the 17th century nipple button, a friend of mine has found several of them at one of his very old sites here in NJ. I am still looking for my first one. Nice and heavy they are.

Don
    "The mantra has always been don't clean a (copper) coin or it will lose value.
    For undug coins this is true. For dug coins this is untrue.
    The value will increase with judicious cleaning."

us
    Dec 2006
    Ocean City, Md
    XP Deus
    1775 times
    Relic Hunting
    Banner Finds (2)

Quote Originally Posted by Don in SJ
    Congrats on your field of dreams day, and seeing those oldies can bring tears to my eyes

I like the 17th century nipple button, a friend of mine has found several of them at one of his very old sites here in NJ. I am still looking for my first one. Nice and heavy they are.

Don
    Don, we found either 5 or 6 of the nipple buttons in the 3.5 hour period we were there. I got 2 of them.

HH, Gary

us
    Dec 2004
    east northport ny
    Whites Prizm 5 Garrett ace 350
    45 times

holy cow what an awesome day can't wait to see the finds from the next hunt hh

us
    May 2005
    Maryland
    MXT
    35 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)

WOW!! Congrats on finding an awesome site!!Good luck with the rest,HH

Aug 2006
    Delaware / Maryland Eastern Shore
    Whites, DFX
    25 times

Thank You for the warm welcome!!! We will keep you updated on the new finds from this site. Hopefully we will be heading back out to it on Wed or Thurs. Happy Hunting!!
    "When you make a really GOOD find, Your Eyes and Mind go to mush and all you can see is Latin"  (Oh My Gosh.... It's Latin)...LOL......Happy Hunting!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links