Several good sites found?!

halfdime

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2006
Zelienople
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Last night the phone rang about 9:00 and I figured a family member was calling ???. Imagine my surprise to hear from my daughter's teacher; she has always been enthusiastic about my old coin discoveries and had lined up a few old sites for me ;D! One dates from 1816 and the other is a one room schoolhouse that has been converted into a home :o. I already have permission to search, but she gave me phone numbers just to touch base with the owners. I'll be sure to share my discoveries with the teacher; she is fascinated by the history each coin represents. I showed her a Real I found in sight of the school and she was astounded; most people don't realize (pun intended) what lurks in the ground all around them.
I would start these sites this morning except that I am beginning a search at an 1808 house that the local historical society offered me! Suddenly I have several sites with lots of potential that just fell in my lap; it pays to talk up the hobby :)! Hopefully I'll find some good stuff to share with you.

Upvote 0

weasel606

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2007
West Virginia, USA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 70 ,Bounty Hunter Landstar, Garrett ACE 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
thanks for the ideas, thats what i need to do is some talking , and maybe some good sites will come my way , good luck to you !

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread