Ed-D

Jan 1, 2011
North Texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max and Pro, NEL Hunter Coil, ACE Apex for the coast
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This was a pleasant surprise when it came out of the hole...weighs in at 18 grams. Not sure how old it is, the best I can tell from others like it I've seen online is between 1930ish and 1950's. Marked as "Balfour Sterling" and that company started in early 1900s.

FFA.JPG

Upvote 16

CoinandRelicMan

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2011
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Safari, Cortes, Musketeer, Makro Pin-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice ring there, why does the color look yellow tho?

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice hunk of a silver ring! Congrats! So, how high did you jump doing the happy dance?

beez0404

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2014
Newton, NC
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Those future farmers of America certainly had good taste in rings. That one is a beauty! Congratulations.

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
that is one fine looking ring, congrats:notworthy:

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet, I was a member and they still had those rings offered in catalog in the 80's not sure if it was the same maker though.Does it state on the ring if it was State farmer or anything like that.Those were different things associated with the F.F.A.They also had officers like treasurer,secretary and so forth.

Last edited:

jewelerguy

Gold Member
Jun 28, 2011
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
super sweet ring find. the FFA chapter at my school helped produce some good kids back when I was in high school. I wasn't involved in it, but the teacher they had back then was probably the most respected teacher in our community, ever. He recently passed away, and the largest church in town didn't have enough seating for everyone who attended his funeral. He was a true pillar of the community.

leenie

Dec 30, 2006
Northwest Indiana
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE Pro xp dues
I had one in high school in the 60's I grew up on a farm and still live on the same piece of ground. I was 15 and went national ffa convention in Kansas city in 1965. every day there the ag teacher would ask me what was said at the meetings. I was not able to say because I didn't go to the meetings. he'd say you went that dam burlesque house didn't you. I was 15 years old I had two choices I always thought I made the right one. i lived and worked on the farm and got c's and d's in ag class. we went to a dairy cow judging with boys from the whole county around 75 boys 10 different schools. I got the best score and he gave me a b for that six weeks grade. that made him look good. I always say puberty the best 25 year of my life. nice find of the ring. dave

pkb

Feb 10, 2013
Dallas
Detector(s) used
Two Garrett AT PRO's, two Garrett pro pointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Balfour makes class rings. Excellent score

OP
OP
Ed-D

Ed-D

Jan 1, 2011
North Texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max and Pro, NEL Hunter Coil, ACE Apex for the coast
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Back-of-the-Boat, There are no other words on it. Both sides have the eagle logo and "FFA", and the front says FFA with smaller words "Vocational Agriculture".

I agree with the stories of the FFA kids. I wasn't on of them, but they were always friendly, respectful, etc. At least they were in the 70s when I was in HS.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread