beez0404

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2014
Newton, NC
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I had the pleasure of hunting with my buddy Smittyman this morning. I finally got permission to hunt two older homes built probably around 1900. Very quickly between us we had found 6 wheat pennies and were encouraged that there could/should be silver there. Shortly thereafter I found the 10k gold filled United States Air Force ring. When I first started cleaning it up and saw the color I thought I had a fantastic find. Turned out to be gold filled and whatever the center was it's pretty toasted now. Still I'm happy with it as it's only the third ring I've ever found. I dug a couple more wheat pennies then I got a faint peep on my Deus with a TID of 92-93 which only flashed once or twice. When I got to the coin it was 7 1/2" deep and was the 1899 Barber quarter. It cleaned up okay but not as well as most other silver coins I've found. Ended up with 10 wheats. These items were all found in the same yard. I found a mini coin spill at the other house. First found a wheat penny and when I pinpointed the hole again I found another wheat penny. When I picked up the second one the mercury dime fell into the hole. It was front to back with the second wheatie. If you look at the photo you can see the green area on the mercury dime where the wheat was stuck to it. I couldn't get that to come off with baking soda. I'll try some Flitz on it. Four wheat pennies found in the second yard. One of my favorites is the Warranted Superior saw medallion. I have to do some research to find out the approximate year as they had many designs. Thanks for looking and best of luck hunting to everyone.

001.JPG
002.JPG
003.JPG
004.JPG
005.JPG
006.JPG
008.JPG
007.JPG

Last edited:
Upvote 15

blugotti1

Bronze Member