Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those old railroad keys are cool! What abbreviations do they have on them?

Buckleboy

goldencoin

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2005
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX & Beach Hunter ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
8 keys and and one lock, thats wierd

HH
-GC

The Seeker

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2005
Keep on Digging!
Detector(s) used
MINELAB Explorer-II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like someone spent plenty of time at the locksmith shop! Nice lead soldier.........WTG

OP
OP
tommyd

tommyd

Dec 12, 2006
YOUNGSTOWN OHIO
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
sorry havent been around since i posted but thanks and the rr keys have the erie rr on some of them ..... the others i will check when i get home. thanks again.

N.J.THer

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2006
Middlesex County, New Jersey
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX w/ Sunray DX-1 probe and Minelab Excalibur 1000, Whites TRX Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I love those old RR barrell keys. I found one two months ago by an old RR depot in town. My key dated back to the late 1800's/ early 1900s.

OP
OP
tommyd

tommyd

Dec 12, 2006
YOUNGSTOWN OHIO
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
the keys the rr and the regular were found out in the woods off to the side of a motorcycle path. after talking to my neighbors about all the beer cans i found out there i guess they (now in there 60s 70s) drank a whole lot of beer out there. the keys were all off the ring and scattered. i have gone back to that spot several times and havent found anything else. the lead cowboy , toy hammer , brass "horse" snap were found in my backyard. the bullet out in the woods also...........
the new lock was found at a local park , the coins i have found havent been much to brag about. no kids other than my own have ever lived in this house. probably about 50 cents in clad which are in a jar with the rest of my clad from other locations. in matter of fact the toys were all found on the borders within 3 or 4 feet on opposite sides of our house. so either they were shot there via a lawn mower or some kid back in the day lost em and never looked there. the lead cowboy is tore up but i think its cool anyways.....i hope that covers it : ) i would give up 1 day of mding to know the story behind those keys............
on the other hand my bro in law that lives just up the street - lives in a house that had tons of kids from the 50s on and let me tell you he doesnt have to leave his front yard (used to have all sorts of trees) to get coins. lots of silver and wheats............

OP
OP
tommyd

tommyd

Dec 12, 2006
YOUNGSTOWN OHIO
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
paul1410 said:
Very cool, thanks for the details tommy.

no problem those were pretty easy to remember since they are so varied and also found out back of my house.
been magnet meteorite hunting lately - mite bust out the detector tomorrow.

tpmrcp

Dec 31, 2006
East Stroudsburg, PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Photobucket is great, there is always the IMG Code underneath the post. I just took your photo address and added a [ IMG ] before and a [ /IMG ] after it.

finds1.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread