Silver Member
Jan 4, 2014
Newton, NC
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
LORD IT WAS HOT LAST NIGHT!

I drove to a house last night at 7pm and on the way decided that if it was still in the sun I was turning around and coming home. It's only 5 miles from my house. It was built in 1954. Got there and the back yard was in the shade, front in the sun still. First target was the Roosevelt dime. Then I found two wheat pennies and a clad quarter. Now at 8pm the front was in the shade so I started up the side yard and my machine overloaded on a swing to the right. I was about to move on but caught sight of a coin laying on the surface. When I bent over to pick it up I saw another. Using just my pinpointer I found a total of 36 pennies, 9 nickels, 14 dimes, and 2 quarters all on or just under the surface. So the $2.71 from that "spill" paid for my gas there and back. I only hunted about 1/2 of the front yard and a short bit before I was going to call it quits found the 1918S mercury dime. I tossed out the coin spill pennies as they were in rough shape.

001.JPG
002.JPG
003.JPG

The back of the Roosevelt dime cleaned up nicely. But the front I couldn't clean even with the Flitz polish that works so well for me.

Upvote 8

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Congrats again buddy... 4 silvers in two days... that's just awesome Jay. The Merc really looks nice. The Deus is really raking in the silver.

GL&HH... hope to see you soon.

OP
OP
beez0404

beez0404

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2014
Newton, NC
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey Tom,

I've only had the Deus now for a little over a month. I realize I might not get the depth that my V3i could get but I can't tell you how much more I like the Deus then I did the V3i. It is so light and so fast it's hard to describe. When I started digging coins in the same hole as a nail I knew I found the perfect machine for the type of hunting I do. But hey, I don't have to describe it to you cause you have one....LOL

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on your two silvers and a coin spill! I guess that's what we're in for now hot days!
Try and stay cool! GL. HH!

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Today is day 13 for me and the Deus. I appreciate you steering me in that direction. It is a joy to use, lightweight, wireless and fast. As I get more used to the sounds, it is getting easier and easier. I just need to get the coil over some good targets!

Again, congrats, and I will see you soon.

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
whoa...61 coin spill !! that's awesome !! and it's a shame having to junk the newer pennies, seems like those Zincolns just don't cut it after a year or so in the ground..like anything else - they don't make'm like they used to ! Regarding the Rosie with the weird corrosion on it, I recently dug a '52 with the same exact discoloration as your '57...and I had learned that the house site I was hunting had burned down...maybe the same has happened to yours??...Anyway..congrats on the big spill find..thanks for sharing...ddf

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
surface finds are still good, especially when you are in process of detecting, found a small spill today that way, 5 zincs and a quarter. a spill like that sure helps temper the heat!

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sad but true- you can dig an Indian Head cent over a hundred years old , and it comes out of the ground intact , you dig a 10 year old
"zincoln" and they've got leprosy or they're zombies or something - all blistered and rotting -YUCK !

Hunter612

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2013
Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 400
Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds! That mercury dime looks to be in great shape.

frostdigger

Jan 1, 2013
Col. Falls, Montana
Detector(s) used
Garrett 1350, Garrett AT pro, Garrett AT gold, Garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That merc looks great. Congratulations on the silver and coin spill.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread