Silver Member
Sep 22, 2006
lower sackville,nova scotia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garretts only
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My main machine the Freedom 3 Plus does not like wet weather so I decided to take out the Pro which has been back to Garrett 4 times. Hit a park and she was dead bang on with the modern clad. Then it was off to the "Button Hole."

This is a lake that was drained to fix the dam. Navy Davy and I have pounded this place and taken over 1200 buttons from her dating back as far as General Wolf.
Ran the Pro wide open on pro mode and wasn't disappointed save for I had to go so deep for the targets. My knee let me know this would be a short outing! Must say that as much as I rag the pro it does get super depth. Picked up one button and this old fork with the lettering "1847ROGEP6BH05 YS Triple" on the bakc. Obviously a plated one which was found in an area where the buttons had been dumped.

All in all pleased with the performance of the pro today.

Upvote 6

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow..1200 buttons !? Wow what a honey hole of a site you have there..we could only dream about that! My ATP been acting up lately..and I DREAD having to send it to Garrett, as that would mean time off hunting. But I cleaned it really good and swapped out the batteries and been okay so far. Great hunt! Thx for sharing...ddf

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You must be working that Pro to death!
Nice finds! Did you get a ring too?
With me it's usually the back that complains because the knees said a"I quit!" A few years back.

Gaspipe

Bronze Member
Sep 6, 2013
New England
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro; F75
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Leslie , gotta ask.... Why in the world do you keep the ATP after 4 times back for repairs ? You are without it more than you are with it! I own one and had to send it back after owning it only 3 months. Your experience(s) as well as those of many others keep reminding me of how poor Garrett's quality control must be. Good customer service or not I am not a big fan.

OP
OP
leslie(nova scotia)

leslie(nova scotia)

Silver Member
Sep 22, 2006
lower sackville,nova scotia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garretts only
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have swung only Garretts for 43 years and they are without a doubt going downhill. Did own a Fisher once and never used it..traded for a Freedom 3 Plus....best machine Garrett ever built...own 3 of them as well as a straight freedom 3
Leslie , gotta ask.... Why in the world do you keep the ATP after 4 times back for repairs ? You are without it more than you are with it! I own one and had to send it back after owning it only 3 months. Your experience(s) as well as those of many others keep reminding me of how poor Garrett's quality control must be. Good customer service or not I am not a big fan.

borntohunt460

Jul 30, 2013
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What prompted the send back for repairs ? I've had a few hunts where I was pulling only shallow targets and due to a lot of variables was convinced that I wasn't getting any depth. I'm just curious if you had constant falsing or screen blackout etc.(obvious malfunctions) versus suttle performance issues. I second guess whether or not there's something wrong with my at pro since its all I know

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread