FINALLY! A FIND! Small 10k gold ring

-=METAL=-

Sep 13, 2013
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So a friend of mine has been hounding me to start detecting with him in the water, since I recently spent way too much on an E-Trac, I have been resisting so that I can get some use out of it. So after finding nothing consistently on every hunt, he tells me I should really try the water, and that he would bring me to a place where he guaranteed that I would find something good. So I thought, screw it, bought some water gear and he let me use his Excalibur 1000. So on the drive he tells me about the place he refers to as his "glory hole", tells me stories of how he and his buddy would get something like 10-12 rings each per hunt when they started hunting it. He tells me they thinned it out over a period of 5 years, but it still produces every time. So we spent 3 and a half hours there in the water today, he found a 1911 V nickel, a 60's silver quarter, and a silver rosie. I was slow to get the hang of scooping in chest deep water, so I didn't recover too many targets, but I found these two rings. This is the best thing I have found so far and no thanks to the E-Trac :BangHead: Sorry for the long story, thanks for reading.

p.s. Can anyone tell from the pictures if the second ring is silver? The black scratches off and it looks silver underneath if that means anything. I see a stamp but I can't make it out, can't say it looks like a 925 stamp so I don't know.

20140704_180053.jpg 20140704_180011.jpg 20140704_180125.jpg 20140704_180247.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 11
OP
OP
-=METAL=-

-=METAL=-

Sep 13, 2013
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
im down for some water hunting ...but if you Friend thinks 3 is a crowd you can use my AT just let me use your Etrac lol...I have some spots I would love to attack with the Etrac lol ..the AT dont work that good at some salt beaches but it loves fresh water .. I dug a dime down 10" at a fresh water beach ..it gos way deeper in sand then it dos in dirt ..i think the AT pro is the cheapest water MD.. but if I had a Etrack I would want a waterproof MD with multiple frequencies so it would be good in the saltwater to ..something like Minelab Excalibur II or a Excalibur 1000...but if your just doing fresh water the AT will get the job dun cheap ..

My buddy actually likes to stay away from salt water because he says it corrodes his detectors. I'm kind of hoping he sells me his old Excalibur, but he's not sure he wants to sell it yet. I'll ask him if you can come along on the next one.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread