FINALLY! A FIND! Small 10k gold ring

-=METAL=-

Sep 13, 2013
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So a friend of mine has been hounding me to start detecting with him in the water, since I recently spent way too much on an E-Trac, I have been resisting so that I can get some use out of it. So after finding nothing consistently on every hunt, he tells me I should really try the water, and that he would bring me to a place where he guaranteed that I would find something good. So I thought, screw it, bought some water gear and he let me use his Excalibur 1000. So on the drive he tells me about the place he refers to as his "glory hole", tells me stories of how he and his buddy would get something like 10-12 rings each per hunt when they started hunting it. He tells me they thinned it out over a period of 5 years, but it still produces every time. So we spent 3 and a half hours there in the water today, he found a 1911 V nickel, a 60's silver quarter, and a silver rosie. I was slow to get the hang of scooping in chest deep water, so I didn't recover too many targets, but I found these two rings. This is the best thing I have found so far and no thanks to the E-Trac :BangHead: Sorry for the long story, thanks for reading.

p.s. Can anyone tell from the pictures if the second ring is silver? The black scratches off and it looks silver underneath if that means anything. I see a stamp but I can't make it out, can't say it looks like a 925 stamp so I don't know.

20140704_180053.jpg 20140704_180011.jpg 20140704_180125.jpg 20140704_180247.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 11

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
congrats on both

pl8man

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2009
San Jose , California
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT PRO with Sunray probe, M6 with a Super 12 coil & a Whites Quantum II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great rings ! Looks like silver !

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on your great finds! :occasion14:

CoinandRelicMan

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2011
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Safari, Cortes, Musketeer, Makro Pin-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Makes me wish for a beach to hunt, congrats on the rings!

OP
OP
-=METAL=-

-=METAL=-

Sep 13, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks guys. I know it's not much but it has been a long dry spell for me and this got me excited:D

Last edited:

rainorshine

Oct 6, 2013
Black Hills, SD
Detector(s) used
AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
awesome finds. I found a ring that looks just like that peace ring, but mine is made out of copper

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice gold, that stone is beautiful I believe to be Yellow Sapphire and genuine. :notworthy: Beautiful cut... :thumbsup:

Keep @ it and HH !! :hello2:

OP
OP
-=METAL=-

-=METAL=-

Sep 13, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice gold, that stone is beautiful I believe to be Yellow Sapphire and genuine. :notworthy: Beautiful cut... :thumbsup:

A friend said it might be a citrine, how can I tell the difference? And if it is a yellow saphire, any idea on the value?

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A friend said it might be a citrine, how can I tell the difference? And if it is a yellow saphire, any idea on the value?

Citrine is more orange. Yellow Saphire is bright yellow like your ring. Prices can range from $50 a Carat to several thousand a carat and even higher. You have to get it appraised by a jeweler, because. To much of a price range for me to say with just pictures... :dontknow:

Fingerlakes119

Aug 16, 2013
Finger Lakes Region Of NY
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Profind
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
To check if its silver see if it is magnetic or not. Silver is not. Also you can place a tiny drop of bleach on it, if it forms an instant tarnish it's silver. You can buy a test kit or take to a local jeweler to verify.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Really nice rings! Congrats! Looks like silver to me.

OP
OP
-=METAL=-

-=METAL=-

Sep 13, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks guys, I didn't know about the silver magnetic thing, good info. I'll bring it to a jewelery store just for shiggles to see if the stone is real. I can't wait to get back out there!

silversurfer1111

Jul 14, 2012
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
GARRET AT PRO ..Whites Classic SL. . modified 9 Function Metal Detector from Harbor Freight tools
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sweet gold ring !!! that kicks a silver coins ass any day..well the silver coins and **** I have bin digging lol..mike on the other hand just sold 1 of his silver coins for 800$.. hes bin MDing for 4 months lol it kills me :BangHead:...rub the ring then smell it you will smell the silver .. I **** you not .. and if it came out of the water with dark gray on it and it rubs off you can bet its silver ...glad to see your still hunting ..I was starting to feel bad... I got you in to this and you spent all that $ on gear then gave up ..you stick with this stuff you will always find something ...I went over to the ball field next to your house found a nice spot were old coins were popping out got a nice silver nickle and then a fire man kicked me out 3 years I have bin hunting there I even mad a good friend out of one of the fire men ..this guy was just a dick .then today i got kicked out of the park lol ..i have bin kicked out of 3 good spots ...im going back to all of them but it suck having to watch your back lol..i guess i just have that face that make ppl want to kick you lol

OP
OP
-=METAL=-

-=METAL=-

Sep 13, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't know why people are kicking you out now, that's ridiculous, what the hell is a park for anyway?!? Are we in Nazi Germany? I've been detecting all along I just haven't been finding anything, and now I have to buy new gear all over again because it looks like I'm going to be spending more time in the water. You should come with us sometime, get the ATPro wet.

silversurfer1111

Jul 14, 2012
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
GARRET AT PRO ..Whites Classic SL. . modified 9 Function Metal Detector from Harbor Freight tools
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
im down for some water hunting ...but if you Friend thinks 3 is a crowd you can use my AT just let me use your Etrac lol...I have some spots I would love to attack with the Etrac lol ..the AT dont work that good at some salt beaches but it loves fresh water .. I dug a dime down 10" at a fresh water beach ..it gos way deeper in sand then it dos in dirt ..i think the AT pro is the cheapest water MD.. but if I had a Etrack I would want a waterproof MD with multiple frequencies so it would be good in the saltwater to ..something like Minelab Excalibur II or a Excalibur 1000...but if your just doing fresh water the AT will get the job dun cheap ..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread