Two Hunts, Lots Of Keepers

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
Hello to all!

I got out twice this weekend.
A three hour hunt on Friday at an old private beach by my old house.
I detected it last spring but hit it again and did ok.
My only keeper there was a nice earring, 925 with a big oval CZ stone, plus $4.29 in clad 81 coins.
Also got a couple junk jewelry pieces and two hot wheels cars.
Here's my finds from that hunt
March 30.jpg
March 30 F.jpg

I also got out this morning for another hunt, 3/1/2 hours at the nearby high schools old athetic/football field. They build a new mordern stadium ten or so years ago and this fild is now used for practice and for the soccer teams. There was also a woodchip play area in the community center next door that I hit also and a volleyball court. It was a great day out there with a lot of nice old finds as well as $ $6.94 and 102 coins. I did real well at the end of the field behind the end zone where the flagpole is. I covered that whole area and was pulling keepers regularly including a 1957D Washington quarter, a 1942D Mercury dime, and 10 wheaties. Also found some nice jewelry which made me smile. First, a 14kt nice simple little gold ring. Sterling items were a ring with two hands holding a heart, a sweet looking old cross, and a hair barrett - pretty rare to find a sterling one. All were stamped 925 or sterling.

March 31 T.jpg
March 31 F.jpg

All in all, a great day out there. It's supposed to rain tomorrow and I am out of town next weekend so this will have to hold me over for a while. I'll take it!
Thanks for reading and best of luck to you all.

SMiles!
BDoo

Keepers.jpg
Keepers 2.jpg

Upvote 0

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
You've got some awesome spot's BDoo....Nice looking "metal",alway's can come up with the goodie's...Congrat's to ya!!!

jopher

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2003
Mid Michigan
Detector(s) used
IDX Classic SL-x2....Excalibur1000
Holy smokes, thats alot of diggin.Great results though.
Nice gold....nice silver....The crucifix is a beauty.....WTG....Joe

dave-enc

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Eastern North Carolina
wtg boobie doo, jopher is right that is a nice cross of course the gold ring, silver claddaugh ring, and coins are super nice too, congrats on super finds,
have a safe trip
hh
dave+bobbie

Mirage

Silver Member
Sep 16, 2005
Cleveland, OH
Good two day's take there my man. :) That old high school(your second spot) sounds like a great spot. We had one of those here. Would come home with old silver coins, clad and misc stuff. We have since thinned it out so much that we rarely go back.

Bob

OP
OP
Boobydoo

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
civilman1 said:
You've got some awesome spot's BDoo....Nice looking "metal",alway's can come up with the goodie's...Congrat's to ya!!!

Thanks my friend, it was a great day out there both days.
Starting to get the MD'ing muscles limbered up!

Smiles!
BDoo

OP
OP
Boobydoo

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
jopher said:
Holy smokes, thats alot of diggin.Great results though.
Nice gold....nice silver....The crucifix is a beauty.....WTG....Joe

Thanks Joe!! I am glad i didn't hit the cross while digging as the sides look fragile. Sometimes we get really lucky!

Smiles!
BDoo

OP
OP
Boobydoo

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
dave-enc said:
wtg boobie doo, jopher is right that is a nice cross of course the gold ring, silver claddaugh ring, and coins are super nice too, congrats on super finds,
have a safe trip
hh
dave+bobbie

Hi Dave

Thanks buddy for the comment and stating it's a claddaugh ring. I knew there was a name for it but couldn't remember it. HH!

Smiles!
BDoo

OP
OP
Boobydoo

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
Mirage said:
Good two day's take there my man. :) That old high school(your second spot) sounds like a great spot. We had one of those here. Would come home with old silver coins, clad and misc stuff. We have since thinned it out so much that we rarely go back.

Bob

Hey Bob!! Thanks buddy.
I will have to get back there and cover the other end zone too, we'll see!

Smiles!
BDoo

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread