the not so hunted out field gives up GOLD!!

sweetrelease

Sep 26, 2013
new jersey
Detector(s) used
at pro and ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
well went back to the field I have been hunting for months that gave up the silver ring the other day. after about an hour of swinging I get a nice 68 on my at pro. dug the plug and at the bottom of the plug was a gold ring. I just yelled out "BOOM".. 18kt with what I hope are real diamonds. I really thought this field was done and now gold ring.. this hobby is crazy.. i'll be back at it again,for sure..

Attachments

• 20140728_102819.jpg
    20140728_102819.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 401
Upvote 13

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
well si2 diamonds color d. they wanted to take the stones out to weigh and give a better appraisal but also wanted $50 to do it and told me I could come back tommorow. he told me he would not charge me the $50 if I agreed to sell it to him for $3200. I got a bad taste in my mouth at this point and said I'd have to think about it . he was not a happy camper. lol.. took it to a local pawn shop after that and the guy flat out offered $1800. I think I will hold on to it and take it to some other place before I think about selling it. all in all I'm very happy..
Good move not letting him get his paws on it, don't leave it with no one. I figure you can double his price and still sell it. Nice score, you did it again, except with metal, not glass!

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So they are real , it looked genuine from how they where set. Older rings tend to have heavy duty settings to hold the stones in!you where so smart to have a bad feeling ( he would have switched stones)First jeweler sounds like a crook! Research the makers mark you'll be able to date it ! You may be able to increase the value by linking it with a well known European or American maker if you intend to sell it , sell directly to an individual who wants it for jewelry if the first guy offered 3800- it's prolly worth 6 - 7k maybe more , don't let them have it overnight and don't let it out of your sight! Diamond tester on amazon for under 20- great find even without the diamonds

Don't let it out of your sight!
Don't let them even take it out of the room.

CoinandRelicMan

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2011
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Safari, Cortes, Musketeer, Makro Pin-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My banner vote is put in !!!

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
At Max,Xp deus,At pro, At gold, pro pointer, ace 350 bounty hunter. Lesche hand and t handle digging tools, Sask kustom digger, Garrett edge digger and Garrett retriever, Garrett classifier made into
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome find bet that got your heart pumping. Congrats!

OP
OP
sweetrelease

sweetrelease

Sep 26, 2013
new jersey
Detector(s) used
at pro and ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks guys.. and yes my heart was pounding.. everytime I heard a pulltab after I dug the ring that day I would jump alittle lol.. gonna hit the field again in a few days. went back yesterday and the guy cutting the grass asked me pretty nicely to please come back another day. not trying to piss them off I said sure dude.. I asked him if he ever lost a ring here he said no .he asked me if I ever found anything in the field I said yes tons of coins ;-) hahaha

terpfan

Bronze Member
Oct 31, 2007
Maryland/ NC
Detector(s) used
White's Matrix M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Amazing- looking ring, and it sure looks to be older. I've enjoyed this thread, just reading all of the good advice. Congrats, banner vote here.

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
The pics look awesome, sounds like you really hit the jackpot with this one. Just proves you dig everything. Congrats.:headbang:

OP
OP
sweetrelease

sweetrelease

Sep 26, 2013
new jersey
Detector(s) used
at pro and ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks guys.. I had an offer today from one of my moms friends... $5500..i called my mother yesterday and told her what I found and she told me she knew a guy that buys and sells .. I meant him today and told me it was older maybe early 1920 to 1930 or so that was his guess.. told me the gold was "good" whatever that means lol.. he told me he is gonna sell it for around $5900 $6000. at that point I felt good about it and took the offer.... maybe a minelab 3030 tomorrow lmao.. na love the atpro and I have kids and bills ..hahahaha

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
At Max,Xp deus,At pro, At gold, pro pointer, ace 350 bounty hunter. Lesche hand and t handle digging tools, Sask kustom digger, Garrett edge digger and Garrett retriever, Garrett classifier made into
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome something we all dream of happening to us. Congrats!!!

shawninNY

Oct 2, 2013
Detector(s) used
Xlt/Dfx/BHID , Excaliber, nowCtx 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good job glad you're satisfied with the amount! Nice score and now you have a reputable guy to sell to!

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good for you bud!

thommo59

Mar 6, 2014
Australia
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Garrett AT PRO
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a great looking ring

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
Congrats on the find and the sale of the ring! I will comment on the ring and Diamonds and say that with the ring being 18kt yellow Gold and the color and quality of the Diamonds, I would imagine that the stones were old European Cut or Mine cut Diamonds and a "D" in color is about the best that you can ever expect in any Diamond, hands down. Although it is hard to tell the quality of Diamonds from pics and especially so with the pics that you posted, I would still question the Quality grade that the Jeweler gave you on the stones. The reason I say this, is that you will see very few European Cut or Mine Cut Diamonds that are "D" in color that fall below or far below a VS grade. In other words, with them being "D" in color, I would expect the Diamonds to be at least a VS2 or better. Now, that is just my opinion but I am very good at spotting high grade Diamonds of exceptional color and cut. I wish that I had seen this Thread earlier and that you had posted some pics of the Diamonds in the sunlight to show the refraction and scattering and also with light showing through to get a better idea as to the true Quality of the stones, if my suspicions are correct and they were actually of better quality than what the Jeweler told you.

Frank

Last edited:

shawninNY

Oct 2, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
He got double the price of the original offer, so don't Monday quarterback him , deals done no sense in making him feel bad ,

unfound

Apr 15, 2014
Western Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace 350,
BH Tracker IV,
Garret Pro Pointer,
Lesche Sampson Shovel
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So glad it was real !!! followed from the beginning. Such a great story !!! Hope you find another one tommorrow !!!

OP
OP
sweetrelease

sweetrelease

Sep 26, 2013
new jersey
Detector(s) used
at pro and ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks guys. all in all im happy with selling the ring. i feel my moms friend was being upfront with me about the resale price of the ring . if didn't sell it ,it would have been just sitting in a box somewhere not being worn. after talking to a few older fellows that have been detecting longer then I've been alive it might be a long time before i find something like this again.. keep swinging ...HH..

shawninNY

Oct 2, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
True antique pieces aren't common , but with research for the right type of location ( turn off the century country club being 1) you could hit another in the spot you found the first 1, you did good that was quite an example you found , I think the true magnitude of your accomplishment will sink in when you see the quality of what is typically found!

Agent Green

Jul 19, 2013
Midwest
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, CTX 3030, Tesoro Silver Umax,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That looks sweet, do you have a cleaned up version? Congrats :icon_thumleft:

ArDirtSlinger

Mar 13, 2014
Arkansas
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP deus; MI-6 pinpointer, TRX pinpointer, Lesche digger, Lesche Sampson, Predator Piranha
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
That seems like a surprisingly high number to me ( though i'm not familiar with the AT Pro) I think of many detectors hitting
that at a low of 18 and maybe a high of 30 - Nice find !
The AtPro's VDI #'s are quite abit different that Minelab or Whites.. My huntin buddies #'s( E-trac and MXT) are always lower than mine

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread