Night hunt nets 1st silver ring and nickel........

Zeke

Oct 26, 2004
Jackson Creek,NC
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
.......and also a locket.

Found an old homesite that had been hidden until the land it is on was logged off. Only the stone chimney is still standing. Lots of trash and debris around but I did manage to find a silver spoon ring, 1943 silver war nickel...my second and its the same date as the other but Philly mint mark, and a heart shaped locket tonight.

It was a little spooky being out in the middle of nowhere at night but it was worth it. I would like to get out there in the daytime but the hours Im working wont let me. The place will probally end up being "dozed" over. The people that own it are going to plant pine trees for lumber. Being "dozed might help if it isnt cut too deep. Might get rid of some of the trash.....tin from the roof, nails etc...

Attachments

• chimney finds.jpg
    chimney finds.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 605
  • me and chimney.jpg
    me and chimney.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 366
Upvote 0

bigrig40

Bronze Member
Jan 21, 2005
Central Indiana
Detector(s) used
white's
I have not night hunted yet but am looking forward to doing it.Love hearing stories about it,pumps me up to hit it.Cool finds!

bigrig

xXx

Nov 17, 2004
back in Indiana again
Detector(s) used
Multiple land, beach, underwater and specialty units
Went out for a little while tonight myself. I sure wish White's put a back light on the MXT like I had on my Eagle Spectrum. (I never should have gotten rid of that one). I was just in a school playground but came up with a lot of coins. (all recent). It was just too big of a pain trying to dig, hold a light, and pinpoint all at the same time.
But, I don't know if I would have gone to a secluted sight like that. You got big ones.
xXx

Colorado2

Dec 26, 2004
Berthoud CO
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's MXT, Fisher Gold Bug II
Hey Z. Nice finds! Is that a frog light you're wearing? That would free up the hands nicely...Keep on findin'~CO2

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
Nice finds you ol' nigthcrawler!

D

Darod

Nice finds Zeke,

I use one of those LED head lights too. Works like a champ! So, were you using your Ace 250 on this particular night to find that stuff?

Rod

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Excellent finds- love the spoon ring! Head lamps for night hunting are the way to go when your machine doesn't have a back light! I too have an MXT so I know how it is. Also have water machines that don't have anything but sound to go by. My GTI 2500 is the only machine I have with a back light for night hunting (but even then) I still wear my head lamp for digging/seeing what's in the hole when hunting at night!

xXx

Nov 17, 2004
back in Indiana again
Detector(s) used
Multiple land, beach, underwater and specialty units
I remember my mother having one of those spoon rings back when I was a kid in the early '70's. Brings back childhood memories. I wonder what ever happened to that ring? You may have found it? ::)
xXx

OP
OP
Zeke

Zeke

Oct 26, 2004
Jackson Creek,NC
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Its the headlamp from wally world......has red LEDs, Blueish LEDs, and a Krypton spotlight. Runs off of 3 AAAs. The moon was out and I only used it to pinpoint and dig.

I had to go back yesterday after work. I had left my digger at the last place I had dug ::) Got to check out the area in the daytime to get a better idea of the best places to look.

The Ace 250 does pretty good.......just wish I had the 4 1/2" sniper coil for it. Would probally help out with all the trash out there.

Took some better pics of the chimney too. I hate to see it get 'dozed.

And I was listening and watching for the spooks. The place is out in the boonies. The closest house is probally 2 miles away. Wednesday night the wind was up and was blowing the tin on the other house. Took me a little bit to figure out what it was. Had the hairs on the back of my neck standing up.? ;D

Attachments

• 100_0023.JPG
    100_0023.JPG
    80.1 KB · Views: 221
  • 100_0029.JPG
    100_0029.JPG
    87.7 KB · Views: 222

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread