🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got out to a hunt today with vino to one of his spots, the weather was miserable rain, and for me the finds weren't anything spectacular, He killed it yet again,well let him tell that story, but for me The goods just never made it under my coil.

Got a smashed up Reins guide, a small spill of 3 wheats, a arcade token, 2 buckles, a pewter button, and a button that says "god helps those who help themselves" its a nice 2 piece with the shank still attached. 20140812_170910_resized.jpg 20140812_171155_resized.jpg 20140812_171206_resized.jpg

We had lunch at some pizza place and when leaving I happened to look down by my car and snagged this smashed up sterling cufflink marked 925, 20140812_171123_resized.jpg eyes always down lol didn't need a detector for that!

By all means im not complaining, I say humbled because I kept my expectations low as not to be disappointed and am super grateful for vino inviting me down, just wouldn't have minded snagging an indian or two, but hey that's how this hobby goes, Happy for vino and his finds today, thanks for looking and HH!!

Upvote 9

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
the invite alone was awesome, guys like him are a privilege to hunt with... the finds are bonuses, and I know that you are thankful as you prove

46Wheat

Silver Member
May 23, 2014
Upstate NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac / Equinox 800 / 8.5x11 DD and 5x8 DD coil /
Garrett ProPointer / Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice digs . Thanks for the pics

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a sharp button buddy! I've had lots of days that I found nothing at all worth keeping. Just getting out with a buddy to a nice old site is better than most anything else we could be doing. You'll get yours next time man

Vino

Banned
Jul 7, 2013
Pa.
Detector(s) used
Ctx3030. Xp deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your welcome Chris. .Sorry it was not a stellar day..But hay thats detecting. .Next time it woll be ur day!!! Ill post my stuff tomorrow. .Its so nice you bringing ur son..Now THATS what this hobby is all about...
GEORGE

TNGUNS

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2012
Evensville, Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900, Fisher 1266x, Tesoro Eldorado, Tesoro Silver Sabre, Whites Eagle Spectrum, Teknetics G2, Teknetics T2, Vibra-Probe 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like a day well spent. Would love to know the origins of the button. Congrats on some great digs.

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
At Max,Xp deus,At pro, At gold, pro pointer, ace 350 bounty hunter. Lesche hand and t handle digging tools, Sask kustom digger, Garrett edge digger and Garrett retriever, Garrett classifier made into
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm always looking for dropped stuff when walking in parks or fair with kids and wife. She nudges me every now and then to look up so I don't run into someone lol.

CoinandRelicMan

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2011
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Safari, Cortes, Musketeer, Makro Pin-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Looks like a good time to me, it wasn't a skunked hunt at least !

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I wondered several times yesterday if the rain kept you away. Glad you could get out. As Vino said, next time will be yours!

RJ55

Bronze Member
Jul 2, 2014
western NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus/Garrett Pro Pointer II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I don't know any of you guys or gals, but I think anyone that detects/ treasure hunts must be pretty cool in my book.

OP
OP
cjon455

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a sharp button buddy! I've had lots of days that I found nothing at all worth keeping. Just getting out with a buddy to a nice old site is better than most anything else we could be doing. You'll get yours next time man
Thanks abe, my son was with us and asked if I was mad that I didn't find much I told him no because hunting such old spots is really exciting because every target has the potential to be awesome

OP
OP
cjon455

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your welcome Chris. .Sorry it was not a stellar day..But hay thats detecting. .Next time it woll be ur day!!! Ill post my stuff tomorrow. .Its so nice you bringing ur son..Now THATS what this hobby is all about...
GEORGE

Thanks george, we had fun just being at those old sites, knowing that any target we dug had the potential to be awesome made it a rush

OP
OP
cjon455

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wondered several times yesterday if the rain kept you away. Glad you could get out. As Vino said, next time will be yours!
Yeah the rain held out for a while down there

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
That button is really nice and would love to know more about it as well. Glad you guys had fun.

OP
OP
cjon455

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like a day well spent. Would love to know the origins of the button. Congrats on some great digs.
It says us indian service on back, I found out that it could be from 1866-97

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Good job CJON. That button is sweet, way cooler than the can slaw I dig up every day. GL&HH.

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah,I guess it's all how you look at it. To some a 1945 silver Washington is a stellar find, to others it has to be a 1700's coin. That button is a very cool find, so is the 925 cufflink. Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread