Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I finally decided to get out to see what all of this metal detecting business is about. I scored permission to a 1903 small farmhouse close to town that I've been wanting to try my luck. Of course, I picked a scorcher of a day. 8-)
The backyard was full of trash, and the mosquitos drained about a pint of blood from me, so I stuck to the front yard for my 2 hour hunt. I gridded off back and forth but found nothing old in the front yard until I made it up to a hedge line closer to the road. These hedges must have provided shade for someone, because I found all my coins and kids toys on the shade side of the hedges.
I think someone must have beat me to this property, because I did not find any older coins in the large open section of the front yard. Only dug a small lion pendant in that area close to the house.

My finds today were:
*A permanent wedgy from the heat :tongue3:
*1909 IH cent (no "S" mint mark) nicked by shovel :BangHead:
*WHEATS= 1909 (no VDB), 1911, 1926, 1950
*No date Buff nickel
*Lion pendant
*Kids toy pieces (1940"s?)
*Two vaccine tags - one from Alaska
*Flattened coin
*Wheel caster

That's all Folks. Thanks for l@@king.
-MM-

Attachments

• IMG_0675.JPG
    IMG_0675.JPG
    195.6 KB · Views: 112
  • IMG_0681.JPG
    IMG_0681.JPG
    226.8 KB · Views: 106
  • IMG_0677.JPG
    IMG_0677.JPG
    179.7 KB · Views: 141
  • IMG_0678.JPG
    IMG_0678.JPG
    101.2 KB · Views: 127
  • IMG_0680.JPG
    IMG_0680.JPG
    120.2 KB · Views: 119
  • IMG_0682.JPG
    IMG_0682.JPG
    141.7 KB · Views: 133
  • IMG_0683 (2).JPG
    IMG_0683 (2).JPG
    116 KB · Views: 125
  • IMG_0684.JPG
    IMG_0684.JPG
    69.2 KB · Views: 117
Upvote 16

46Wheat

Silver Member
May 23, 2014
Upstate NY
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac / Equinox 800 / 8.5x11 DD and 5x8 DD coil /
Garrett ProPointer / Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice digs and thanks for those pictures

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice finds MM. Congrats.

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher f75/1270/1266x/Radio Shack Treasure tracker/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, this detecting thing IS addictive for sure. I've been at it about 12 years now. Still need to check that silver dollar and gold coin off my wish list. :thumbsup:
Thanks,
MM
My fault,The first sentence in your post threw me off.I thought something wasn't right.Yeah,them two are on my list too,along with a whole lott other stuff.

Dman

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2006
Tennessee
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab EXPLORER SE
Nice bunch of coins and relics. I like the pendant. Find something I can vote on for banner. It's been along dry spell for all of us. LOL

Evolution

Gold Member
Aug 2, 2007
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX (with 4x6 shooter DD coil and 12" spider coil), Minelab Rocco 2700. (E-Trac)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice to see you're getting out MM. That yard looks awesome. Hunt it low and slow. There's bound to be more there. I love the deep green color of that Indian head. :thumbsup:

CMDiamonddawg

Silver Member
Oct 14, 2009
Jersey Cape
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1265X & CZ-7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are a nut! You know when you get our (Q,D, & Me) age, you have to pace yourself Dave. This heat tends to loosen the glue on the dentures and the Ben Gay heats up something awful out in the sun, not to mention the heat build up in our Depends. :tongue3:

Not sure on the bullet? It was about 6-8" down and has a concave base.

Is there a section in the manual on how to turn on a detector? My turns me on when it finds something, so I was hoping to return the passion. :tongue3:

Heading up to Ind and Wisc on Sat for two weeks. I hope its in the 60's and 70's up north. :thumbsup:

Have a great weekend Big Guy.
-Doug-
" This heat tends to loosen the glue on the dentures and the Ben Gay heats up something awful out in the sun, not to mention the heat build up in our Depends. :tongue3: "

:laughing7: remind me too jump off a cliff .. IF or when any of these things happen .... permo wedgie :laughing9: . :occasion14:

OP
OP
ModernMiner

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the replies Gang. Very much appreciated. :thumbsup:
-MM-

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey bro maybe you should try out some regular boxers instead of those Superman underoos you wear. Those are for the kids man... The kids lol
Way to stick with it and score a few keepers. Sometimes it's sheer will to succeed that gets us to scratch out a few good ones. Sounds like this is a prime example

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey, I think I remember you having posted before. :)

I gotta be honest, although I am a boxer guy, I go for briefs instead of boxers when I hunt in summer. That stops the wedgies in their tracks, and any sort of awful heat rash from being out in 110 degrees covered in sweat for 8 hours.

Nice lion there, that's a sweet little piece of gold.

Congrats on the old coins. The silver is out there hiding.

-Buck

OP
OP
ModernMiner

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey bro maybe you should try out some regular boxers instead of those Superman underoos you wear. Those are for the kids man... The kids lol
Way to stick with it and score a few keepers. Sometimes it's sheer will to succeed that gets us to scratch out a few good ones. Sounds like this is a prime example

LMAO!!!! Thanks Abe.
That reminded me of the "Home of the Whopper" underwear I had back in the 70's. Boy, was that false advertising!!! :tongue3: And YES, I had the Superman undies too. "Faster than a speeding bullet". :tongue3:

Thanks for l@@king Abe.
-Doug-

OP
OP
ModernMiner

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey, I think I remember you having posted before. :):icon_scratch:

I gotta be honest, although I am a boxer guy, I go for briefs instead of boxers when I hunt in summer. That stops the wedgies in their tracks, and any sort of awful heat rash from being out in 110 degrees covered in sweat for 8 hours.

Nice lion there, that's a sweet little piece of gold.

Congrats on the old coins. The silver is out there hiding.

-Buck

Will,
Thanks to you and Abe for the great underwear tips. I'll keep that in mind. I've been wearing my wife's underwear when I detect. Perhaps that's why I keep getting the wedgies? Hmmmmmm? :icon_scratch:

Thanks Buddy,
Doug

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Will,
Thanks to you and Abe for the great underwear tips. I'll keep that in mind. I've been wearing my wife's underwear when I detect. Perhaps that's why I keep getting the wedgies? Hmmmmmm? :icon_scratch:

Thanks Buddy,
Doug

Strange. I wouldn't have thought that Granny Panties would've done that. :D

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ฆ
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Those were some hard worked for finds Doug ... and you got an IH out of a yard that's already been hunted! :thumbsup:
Sorry to hear about your wedgy, I always forget to put on the sunscreen back there ... now that's uncomfortable! :laughing7:

Dave

Last edited:

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LMAO!!!! Thanks Abe. That reminded me of the "Home of the Whopper" underwear I had back in the 70's. Boy, was that false advertising!!! :tongue3: And YES, I had the Superman undies too. "Faster than a speeding bullet". :tongue3: Thanks for l@@king Abe. -Doug-
At least the Faster Than A Speeding Bullets Undies wouldn't be false advertising now that you're a big boy

Breezie

Gold Member
Oct 3, 2009
North Carolina
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & Spectrum~Garrett's Pro-Pointer~VibraProbe
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wedgie.jpg

'nuff said.
:laughing7: