Roundness in the hole... Buff in the poc ***

masterjedi

Bronze Member
May 24, 2014
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab's CTX 3030, E-Trac & EQ800, Fisher F75LTD SE & F44, Whites MXT All PRO, Whites TRX Pointer & Shovel, Predator Tools Raptor hand digger & Ranger shovel. Grey Ghost Ultimate headphones.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I took my Garrett AT PRO out this morning with my NEL 15" Attack coil... I went to an old armory that I had already pulled 92 coins from (all clad) with the factory 8.5 x 11" coil... this place was built in the early 1900's? I set my sensitivity to max and listened for solid mid tones over 50... It pinged at a solid 52 -54 and looked as if I was pulling another modern nickel :( The AT said 6" so I dug the plug and in the bottom of the hole was an old rusty nail. I first thought sh^$... The I realized that this is not what was pinging 52-54... I stuck my pro=pointer into the whole and sure enough the target was still deeper in the hole. I ran my fingers over the bottom of the hole and saw roundness... :) So I pulled out my camera so I could show that this coin was not masked by the iron nail. Then before Buff 1.jpg buff 2.jpg buff 3.jpg buff 4.jpg buff 5.jpg buff 6.jpg I picked up the coin, I said to myself wouldn't this be great if it was a Buffalo? And sure enough it was :) it was approx 6.5" in the ground under a rusty nail. I was thrilled... Please see pics...

Gary from Oregon

Upvote 6

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
sweet buff! congrats on the find and not giving up because of the nail. love the buffs

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
congrats on find - but 99% of TH'ers here don't like the way those guys talk - they are trying to start trends no one here want

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool stuff (once I got by the headline)

46Wheat

Silver Member
May 23, 2014
Upstate NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac / Equinox 800 / 8.5x11 DD and 5x8 DD coil /
Garrett ProPointer / Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice digs and thanks for the pictures

OP
OP
masterjedi

masterjedi

Bronze Member
May 24, 2014
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab's CTX 3030, E-Trac & EQ800, Fisher F75LTD SE & F44, Whites MXT All PRO, Whites TRX Pointer & Shovel, Predator Tools Raptor hand digger & Ranger shovel. Grey Ghost Ultimate headphones.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I love taking nice pics of my finds... Thanks

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread