Some silver and a few relics.

Evolution

Gold Member
Aug 2, 2007
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX (with 4x6 shooter DD coil and 12" spider coil), Minelab Rocco 2700. (E-Trac)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went on a freestyle hunt today with a buddy. We stopped at a few places and I was able to turn up a few interesting things. We started at a late 1800s house but it was really hard to hunt due to a very overgrown lawn. It was hard to even swing the coil. The only finds I made here were an 1899 indian head penny and a copper lipstick tube. Second spot was an old school that is no longer in use. Found a couple wheat pennies and a silver 1962 Washington quarter there. Next stop was an early 1800's house that we got permission for but after a while of hunting, nothing really turned up so we concluded that it had been hunted before and moved on to the next spot. My buddy got us permission to hunt a piece of land next to a river. Found a couple buttons and what appears to be a buckle soon after we started.

010.JPG 011.JPG

012.JPG

Kept hunting and eventually got a solid quarter signal on the E-trac. 12-46. Pulled out what I thought at first was a big copper but upon further inspection it turned out to be an interesting locket with a star design on it.

013.JPG 014.JPG
016.JPG 015.JPG

Also found a mercury dime (1927) and a few wheaties in the area.

004.JPG 005.JPG

Today's finds......

007.JPG 008.JPG

Upvote 6

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great day buddy. Sounds like you put on a few miles

Last edited:

Greylock

Bronze Member
Jun 10, 2012
Western MA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett at pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice. I like the buckle. Well I like all of the finds but the buckle stands out to me.

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
nice, like the locket, too bad the picture was toasted and gone

OP
OP
Evolution

Evolution

Gold Member
Aug 2, 2007
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX (with 4x6 shooter DD coil and 12" spider coil), Minelab Rocco 2700. (E-Trac)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great day buddy. Sounds like you out on a few miles
Thanks Bud. We definitely racked up a few miles today. Nothing like spending $20-$25 in gas money to find $10 worth of relics..... :laughing7: It's a good thing I like this hobby.

OP
OP
Evolution

Evolution

Gold Member
Aug 2, 2007
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice, like the locket, too bad the picture was toasted and gone
Thanks Dirtlooter. Unfortunately the pictures in these things never seem to survive. I've found a few before but the pics are never there. I've seen a couple posted over the years that still had a picture but I never seem to be that lucky.

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Bud. We definitely racked up a few miles today. Nothing like spending $20-$25 in gas money to find $10 worth of relics..... :laughing7: It's a good thing I like this hobby.
Yeah if you get into detecting to pay your bills you are a fool :-) like you said it's because we love it and maybe just maybe one day we will hit a rare piece that actually puts a few bucks in our pockets. Then we just spend that on water machines, new headphones and batteries.... Or canoes like I did today lol

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Yeah most people probably shake their head after we walk away and say " A fool and his money are soon parted " lol.
That locket has to be my favorite, I think. I think I have seen a few like that. Was it gold plated?

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Very nice hunt.

OP
OP
Evolution

Evolution

Gold Member
Aug 2, 2007
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah most people probably shake their head after we walk away and say " A fool and his money are soon parted " lol.
That locket has to be my favorite, I think. I think I have seen a few like that. Was it gold plated?
I think it was just polished brass, although it could have been plated.

Rick (Nova Scotia)

Silver Member
May 8, 2008
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Omega, F75, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds evo even if you had to knock on a few doors to get them.

46Wheat

Silver Member
May 23, 2014
Upstate NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac / Equinox 800 / 8.5x11 DD and 5x8 DD coil /
Garrett ProPointer / Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice digs and thanks for sharing those pictures

cjon455