Step right up for the THREE RING CIRCUS ! ! !

CoinandRelicMan

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2011
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Safari, Cortes, Musketeer, Makro Pin-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Here is all the trash that was found today in the process of retrieving the three rings !

8_30_2014 todays trash.jpg

Todays the day of the "Three Ring Circus !"

Here are the three dirty rings for today !

8_30_2014 three dirty rings.jpg

Rings 1 and 2 cleaned:

8_30_2014 rings 1 and 2.jpg

Ring 1 is the biggest silver ring that I have ever found! It is very heavy (no markings inside) and is some kind of a Union ring. It was at least 4 inches down and there was also a quarter situated in its vicinity. Found the quarter after the ring.

Ring 2s inside marking, think it says K 147 , any ideas on what this means?

8_30_2014 ring 2 inner mark 147.jpg

This ring looks to be a fairly old ring, the retrieval was tough took me three tries to get it out of the dirt it was at least five inches down maybe a bit more. The signal topped out low mid pull-tab range but sounded very mellow and sweet, was close within five feet of the union ring find. It was a pure shock when the beautiful yellow roundness emerged from the soil, knew it was a good ring immediately! And to think that I almost gave up trying to extract it from the soil, it was a close thing! Smiled the whole day afterwards !!

Close up of some of the carving on the ring :
Ring 2 art carved detail.jpg

Love the way the stone looks sort of like a window with beautiful purples in it !!
This might be my favorite ring find of all time, its just has so many good features !!

Ring three was found on route back to my truck. It looked fairly good when dug but on closer inspection later it is just gold plated, still it completes my "Three Ring Circus" so I will take that !!

8_30_2014 ring 3.jpg

Complete goods found today making the Big Top !

8_30_2014 the BIG TOP 3 ring circus.jpg

Hope you enjoyed your visit to the "Three Ring Circus" May you find your smile tomorrow like I did today !!

Last edited:
Upvote 28
OP
OP
CoinandRelicMan

CoinandRelicMan

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2011
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Very nice rings, they look old!

Hi treblehunter ! Thanks, yeah they do seem to have some age, the silver ring actually had some green crust, all the rings were dirt packed also =)

Hi- Cool finds. Not sure, but k147 may refer to the Allison-Kaufman co. Love the silver Ring!

Hi Mr.T thanks =) What make you think it relates to Allison-Kaufman co. just interested in you you figure that out ?

The circus was good to you and you got some cool rings

Hi Jyverb Yes the days of circus visiting many small towns are history now, glad to find some reminders now and then =)

very awesome rings, I can see why you love the 2nd ring, the detail is just wonderful. its just amazing how much trash there is out there, I showed a man yesterday how much I had dug and he couldn't understand why, but that is why. I've only had one 3 ring day, it was the same, really nice gold, really nice silver and a bling ring but I was ecstatic, just as you are. congrats on the finds and I hope you find even more there amongst the trash. Jerry

Hi Jerry Thanks yeah they are nice !! Yep trash count can be high when lawnmowers are cutting up cans especially ! Cool story on getting the same type ring combo nice ! Will try again for sure , but probably won't be yesterdays hunt anytime soon =D

Do you have any other pics of the silver ring? What kind of symbol is on the front?? Any markings inside the band?..

Hi spede =) Yeah I posted other pictures of the sides of the Union ring, for some reason they show up as links but when clicked they will give pictures of both sides of that ring. The symbol on the front is a stylized Hobo he has his thumb out hitching for a ride ! Also note the Hanker-chief on a stick with all his belongings , this means he is traveling light; surely not much room for many worldly possessions there. There are no markings inside the band, think it is common for old rings to have no marks inside, yet still be good metal.

OP
OP
CoinandRelicMan

CoinandRelicMan

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2011
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Rings are always cool to find.
Congrats.

Hi Garrett =) Agreed , and they come in so many more varieties than coins also !! Thanks

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You definitely paid your dues finding those rings! That is a lot of Bobbie pins!
Congrats awesome rings!
K 147 could be European, but I'm guessing.

rodarian

Jul 20, 2014
upstate New York
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, ACE250, Garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Am really enjoying this three ring circus. Waiting on the popcorn and peanuts guy, though....hehe. Seriously though, nice rings and would love to know more about the hobo ring, very interesting.

OP
OP
CoinandRelicMan

CoinandRelicMan

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2011
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You definitely paid your dues finding those rings! That is a lot of Bobbie pins!
Congrats awesome rings!
K 147 could be European, but I'm guessing.

Hi Msbeepbeep , Yeah guess so dues paying have had more than a few days where the take is only some clad, like the one where I went all over the park and found around thirty-five penny and a couple of dimes only along with tons of trash I picked up off the surface along with dug junk like can slaw and even found some near to surface screw-caps with glass attached still !

Did you zoom in on the trash picture hon, I don't recall any bobby-pins ;head scratching; is your vision going down hill like mine? Joking some with you there =D

Thanks for the Kudos ! Anyones guess is probably better than mine on the things inside rings =)

OP
OP
CoinandRelicMan

CoinandRelicMan

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2011
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Mr.T

Sep 10, 2010
France
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Again- I say Allison Kaufman because they use k147 as the name of one of their series of rings- heres the link-
Allison-Kaufman Company: Fashion K147-42909
Could be just coincidence of course.
If the other ring is a hobo ring, it could be the real star of the show!
Well done on the great finds- you must be delighted, and deservedly so!
hh Rory

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Awesome rings! The gold one does look late 1800 to early 1900's!
Very beautiful! Congratulations on the Hobo ring too!

OP
OP
CoinandRelicMan

CoinandRelicMan

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2011
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi Again- I say Allison Kaufman because they use k147 as the name of one of their series of rings- heres the link-
Allison-Kaufman Company: Fashion K147-42909
Could be just coincidence of course.
If the other ring is a hobo ring, it could be the real star of the show!
Well done on the great finds- you must be delighted, and deservedly so!
hh Rory

Hi Rory, think it is maybe coincidence. The hobo ring is a FLE fraternity of lineman ring, so far have not found much information.

Awesome rings! The gold one does look late 1800 to early 1900's!
Very beautiful! Congratulations on the Hobo ring too!

Hi RG ! Thanks for the Kudos =)

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
I missed this one........sometimes the title doesn't catch my eye...........................the Engraving on
that Gold is really NICE and with the stone is even NICER..........That sure caught it!!

That Silver is SWEET too! COOL BEANS man.

GOD Bless

Chris

OP
OP
CoinandRelicMan

CoinandRelicMan

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2011
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Updates on research and links for a bit more story and attempt at mark id.

So far the most I have been able to find out about the Fraternal society of "FLE" is that they are known for "Thumb Bumping" and some definitions of the acronym. If this group exist still they are doing a really good job of hiding it because my web searches have been fruitless. Am beginning to suspect this organization no longer exist ! The lettering on the ring seems to be quite old style also to me.

On the gold ring finding I have typed up a bit more story on it, see link below.

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/m...ng-days-ever-old-rings-found.html#post4166298

On the gold rings marking I have opened up an inquiry post in the jewelry section. If you want to help, see link below.

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/j...-old-gold-ring-found-while-detecting-tia.html

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Very nice finds my man. Congrats.

OP
OP
CoinandRelicMan

CoinandRelicMan

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2011
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Update on the Carved Gold Amethyst Ring !

Got the ring back from the jeweler today, ring had the broken back part fixed and sized it for my little finger. Also he polished the gold!
Here it is:

9_10_2014 ring fixed.jpg
The screen on my camera just quit working so will have to return it! Will show a picture of the fixed back part of ring when I get another camera.

OP
OP
CoinandRelicMan

CoinandRelicMan

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2011
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I missed this one........sometimes the title doesn't catch my eye...........................the Engraving on
that Gold is really NICE and with the stone is even NICER..........That sure caught it!!

That Silver is SWEET too! COOL BEANS man.

GOD Bless

Chris

Hi Chris, missed answering your post sorry brother ! Thanks for the kudos , yeah this is probably my best ring find, not counting all the diamond things I have returned through the years of course ! I found and returned a mans white gold wedding band with diamonds (small all around) today stay tuned will post it up before long !

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If the ring is 10k, they probably mis- stamped 417...its a beauty.

OP
OP
CoinandRelicMan

CoinandRelicMan

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2011
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
OP
OP
CoinandRelicMan

CoinandRelicMan

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2011
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Last edited:
OP
OP
CoinandRelicMan

CoinandRelicMan

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2011
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
UPDATE : HOBO / FLE ring probable ID.

The FLE ring has been identified by a 90 plus year old local gentleman as a Telegraph line workers ring !! Said that it had been 65 years or more since he had last seen one of them.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions