Summer is over... Dirt diggin time

Auriemma

Jul 24, 2014
SE PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab: Sov XS; Sov XS2 Pro ; XS2a Pro ; E-TRAC; Profind 25, Garrett PP AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So we left the beach for the last time this season and I didn't get my last beach hunt. Now I need to feed my MD addiction in the dirt. I put together a short list of places near me that need a going over (not that they probably haven't been scoured already). But I went to an open field near one of my favorite fishing holes and started swinging with my AT Pro running in ZERO mode. My God this thing talks. There were patches of slaw, aluminum cans, and old school pull tabs, and what looks like a sprinkler head cover, but there was also a lot of clad. I was finding 2-3 coins clumped together. The oldest coin was a 1965 quarter. All in all, I found $3 in clad, a gold plated "$" medallion, and a silver (925 stamped) earring with nine stones. I'm curious as to what the stones are.

Before cleaning...
FEDC9E7E-0269-4BB9-9047-F5B755F0B35A.jpg

After...
DE5C0DB5-CF70-46E1-AF69-D13281389F09.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 2

rodarian

Jul 20, 2014
upstate New York
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, ACE250, Garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice digs! So what's your preference, beach or dirt?

OP
OP
Auriemma

Auriemma

Jul 24, 2014
SE PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab: Sov XS; Sov XS2 Pro ; XS2a Pro ; E-TRAC; Profind 25, Garrett PP AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hmmm... I like them both. Two sides of the same coin.

Beach... Sov XS and a good scoop, kick the scoop in, check, and shake, fill the hole.
Dirt... AT Pro, ML ProFind, and Lesche digger, cut the plug, PP, dig it out, replace the plug.

Beach is easier on the knees. In the end, you're covered in sand or dirt... It's all good.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread